Every day, Kelly Scientific Resources (KSR) connects
scientific professionals with opportunities to advance
their careers. We currently have an exciting opportunity
for a Chemist in Columbia, MD.
Scope of Position:
products using instrumental and wet chemistry analysis
- Perform analysis of raw materials and pharmaceutical
with minimum supervision. Provide an advanced level of
analytical support for raw materials, in-process and
finished product testing.
- Perform analytical method development and
instruments such as dissolution apparatus, HPLC, GC,
- Independently operate the various analytical
FTIR, UV systems, KF, pH meter apparatus, particle size
analyzers, and microscopes. Apply analytical skills in
scientific techniques and principles, problem solving,
organization of work and cost savings.
recommendations based on direction from supervisors
- Prepare reports summarizing the results and
- Host vendor visits for equipment repair or service.
- Perform data generation/trending and calibration
procedures and Protocols.
- Provide input for writing and revising laboratory
laboratory procedures, and safety programs. Write
- Comply with company policy and procedural guidelines,
procedures and SOPs as necessary.
and laboratory staff in daily Activity Provide guidance
- Participation on project teams; Assist junior chemist
and training to junior laboratory employees; Contribute
to a team-oriented, continuous improvement quality
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Light Microscope, 1-3 Years
Ultraviolet Visible Spectroscopy (UVV), 1-3 Years
Fourier Transformed Infrared (FTIR), 1-3 Years
High Performance Liquid Chromatography, 3-5 Years
Polarized Light Microscopy (PLM), 1-3 Years
X-ray Diffraction Spectrometer, 1-3 Years
Gas Chromatography (GC), 1-3 Years
GLP (Good Laboratory Practices), 3-5 Years
Method Development, 1-3 Years
related field, or equivalent experience.
- BS/MS in Chemistry (Masters preferred), closely
- 4+ years in a laboratory setting in pharmaceutical
analytical laboratory instrumentation.
- Intermediate knowledge in the use and theory of
Chemical analysis is desirable; Analytical Method
- Knowledge of UV, FTIR, HPLC, Dissolution, and Wet
development and validation experience is a plus,
working knowledge of cGMP/ICH/ USP/EP/JP and FDA
- Advanced understanding of laboratory interactions
Guideline, 21-CFR-210 and 21-CFR-211 including Part 11
Electronic Records & Signatures requirements.
communication abilities are necessary.
- Experience in technical writing skills and good
- Ability to work on multiple tasks with a minimal level
About Kelly Scientific Resources
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Access.
Kelly Scientific Resources (KSR) is a specialty service
of Kelly Services, Inc., a leader in providing workforce
solutions. Since its launch in 1995, KSR has provided
staffing and placement services to a broad spectrum of
industries, including biotechnology, chemical, consumer
products, cosmetics, environmental, food sciences,
medical/clinical, pharmaceutical, and petrochemical.
Today, KSR leads the world in dedicated scientific and
clinical research staffing. Visit
Kelly Services—Celebrating 60 Years
Kelly Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Code : BHJOB3479_525258
Kelly Scientific Resources - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Kelly Services, Inc. (Kelly) is a global temporary staffing provider operating in 36 countries and territories throughout the world. The...