Sign on and relocation
- Strategic planning for the nursing department.
- Operational management of the nursing department.
- Develops nursing service philosophy/goals/objectives/standards/policies.
- Policy and procedure development and review. May delegate as appropriate.
- Nursing Service quality improvement.
- Maintain nursing compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Clinical documentation authority/champion.
- Personnel management of nursing, consistent with State and federal laws, and nursing/hospital philosophy, goals, standards and policy.
- Reviews staffing needs and prepares budget request accordingly.
- Staffing (hiring process and terminations).
- Determines/maintains staff competencies.
- Reviews educational opportunities.
- Performs annual performance appraisals of Assistant DON, Cardiac Rehabilitation Coordinator, ER/SOU/Trauma Coordinator, Infection Control/Employee Health Coordinator, Obstetrics Coordinator, Patient Education Coordinator, and Utilization Review Coordinator.
- Conducts monthly meetings with above individuals.
postjobfree.com - 2 years ago