Bigelow Aerospace Seeks a Lab Manager/Chemist to work in the Environmental Control and Life Support System (ECLSS) Department.
US Citizens and Permanent Residents Only
The Chemical Engineer will be responsible for implementing ECLSS system improvements based on data collected and analyzed, including changes in procedures and equipment upgrades.
- Maintain, update and troubleshoot instrumentation in an analytical laboratory that includes, but is not limited to GC-MS, FTIR and other laboratory equipment.
- Demonstrate competency with management of laboratory work and use of analytical instrumentation.
- Manage and interpret analytical data from GC/MS instrumentation and apply understanding to solving specific problems
- Write scientific reports that include specific conclusions, exact methodology, and supporting analytical data
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment with firm deadlines
- Maintain analytical instrumentation and troubleshoot problems when necessary
- Write standard operating procedures and demonstrate the ability to follow procedures
- Familiarity with AS9100C Protocols.
- Must be familiar with Chem Station, Agilent Software and NIST Library Analysis.
- Familiarity with Analytical Laboratory ECLSS Methodology is desired.
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Able to communicate effectively with other scientists and managers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Including Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
B.S./M.S. in Chemistry. Aerospace experience a plus.
2 to 5 years of industrial laboratory management experience
Hands on experience with GC/MS is required