MySQL Instructor - Europe
Percona is seeking a dynamic Trainer to join our global training team, The MySQL instructor will teach exclusively about MySQL, Percona Server, RDBMS development, and database administration. The Trainer will work remotely -- there is no central office; most people work from their home office. The trainer must live within two hours of a major airport. The Trainer will be on the road 50 - 75% of his/her time. Duties include delivering public training and private/on-site classes and assisting in the design and development of new courses. Access to a reliable high-speed internet connection is essential. Only candidates from Europe will be considered. This position reports to the Director of Training.
- Polite, friendly and professional.
- Expert knowledge of MySQL (If you have read and understood "High Performance MySQL" you should apply).
- Expert knowledge of SQL.
- General programming and scripting abilities.
- Knowledge of operating systems, networking, hardware, and file systems.
- Comfortable with Instructor Led Training.
- Hands-on experience with database operations.
- Knowledge of Linux systems administration, including file systems, hardware, and networking.
- Knowledge of LAMP technologies such as Apache, memcached, and other popular F/OSS server software.
- Proficiency with (a) system monitoring tools like Nagios, Cacti and (b) high availability technology like HA-Proxy, DRBD.
- Proficiency with Percona Toolkit and other supporting software suites.
- Proficiency with gdb, strace, tcpdump, iostat, oprofile and other systems tools.
- Experience delivering synchronous online training.
- Experience delivering asynchronous online training.
- Familiar with instructional systems design.
Percona - 24 months ago