ZeroDivide is expanding our services to meet the growing need for technology solutions in the communities we serve. The Director of Information Technology (IT) is a critical part of that and will support our consulting and capacity building efforts.
The ideal candidate will be an IT professional with deep and broad accomplishments in the field of technology. S/he will have experience in developing enterprise-wide solutions and possess a unique ability to “champion” technology with partners for effective implementation. The candidate will have experience with new applications and mobile technology, and work closely with other ZeroDivide team members to develop relevant offerings. S/he will be a team player who can communicate effectively across departments and strive to deepen client relationships. The Director of IT will be personally passionate about using the power of technology for transformative change in underserved communities.
Projects will range from developing program innovations and solutions with our nonprofit and community service providers to planning an assessment for technology infrastructure leading to improved operational efficiency and program effectiveness. Additionally, this position will focus on our expansion into eHealth and the implementation of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA). While this will be a priority focus, the position will support other business lines including eOpportunity and eDemocracy, as well.
- Apply problem solving skills to assist internal and external partners on issues related to the design, development and deployment of enterprise-wide IT systems and applications
- Develop culturally relevant/sensitive technology strategies, tools and solutions to support improved outcomes for partners focused on supporting disadvantaged and underserved populations
- Develop plans and set standards and processes for delivery of technology solutions
- Support vendor evaluation and IT decisions on technology investments for ZeroDivide projects
- Participate in new program opportunities and business development
- IT enterprise and applications experience in the field of philanthropy and nonprofit sectors; deep experience in nonprofit/mission-based organizations from technology perspective, systems integration and systems architecture
- Up-to-date understanding of market trends and keen interest in following emerging technologies
- High level knowledge of cloud computing concepts, various frameworks, data storage implementations, and enterprise design patterns
- Expert knowledge of modern web technologies, social networking platforms and mobile platforms
- Strong technical skills for managing a CRM application
- Firm grasp in emerging technologies such as Web 2.0 applications, mobile devices and wireless technologies
- Solid understanding of Mac/PC operating systems and the use of mobile devices to enhance organizational productivity
- Understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts, principles of routing, client/server programming, the design of consistent network-wide file system layouts
- Design of operating systems, workflow, policies, and procedures
- Advanced ability to analyze business requirements quickly to determine and assess feasibility
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical staff from various cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrated leadership and advanced communication skills to support managing client partnerships and manage teams of 5+ staff members
- Work flexibility with a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Health sector experience strongly desired, with particular emphasis on eHealth, and knowledge of requirements for ACA implementation and its impact on underserved communities
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA or Masters degree preferred
Compensation Commensurate with experience. ZeroDivide offers generous employee benefits, including health, dental, vision insurance, 401k plan, vacation/sick time, gym membership subsidy, and pretax savings accounts.
To Apply Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com .
ZeroDivide is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to creating a workplace that is representative of the richness and diversity of the people of California.
OpportunityKnocks.org - 14 months ago