In addition to completing assigned auditing procedures, the Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for assisting the Manager of Internal Audit in the timely execution of risk-based internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects so that (1) audit work fulfills the purpose and responsibilities established in the department charter, and (2) audit work conforms to the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions.
- Assist in development of procedures, schedules, priorities and programs for achieving audit objectives and goals.
- Aid in performing reviews to determine the adequacy of Internal controls.
- Assist in performing financial, operational and information system Audits at corporate headquarters and various field locations.
- Carry out internal audit assignments within budget and ensure all documentation is of a high standard and fully supports our conclusions.
- Communicate audit findings with Internal Audit Manager in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with process owners to identify best practices and process improvement opportunities.
- Build strong links with external audit team to improve the overall audit process efficiency.
- Sustained, quality interaction with all levels of management within the company.
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit project team members.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities and timeframes. and
- Attend, present and/or participate in continuing professional education classes and training courses.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in the field of accounting.
- 3+ years audit experience with a large global organization, with a major focus on Finance and IT.
- Must demonstrate working knowledge of accounting principles, techniques, and theories of financial reporting and internal control.
- A solid knowledge and understanding of internal auditing standards and techniques as well as general accounting methods, principles and practices.
- Ability to assess the key areas of risk and identify and evaluate controls across the organization.
- Proven ability and desire to drive change and process improvement.
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills, including the ability to communicate confidently and credibly, in writing and orally, on complex issues with senior management.
- Strong analytical skills and the innovation to identify alternative ways of working, which will lead to value-added recommendations.
- Willing to travel up to 25% globally.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management within the company.
- Strong Microsoft Office experience, to include excellent excel knowledge and experience.
- Successful completion of a background check process, including but not limited to, criminal, credit, OFAC, and employment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Verint Systems Inc. prides itself in providing employees with a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. This means we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to one’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, Veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, compensation, training, leave of absence or termination.
- Experience with ITGC or IT Auditing
- CPA / CIA
- ACL experience
- Oracle experience
- Big 4 Experience
Verint Systems Inc. - 10 months ago