LPN or RN - (Back Office) Full Time- Preferred candidates will be knowledgeable in back office procedures with at least 5 years of experience. Preferred Primary Care Physicians is currently recruiting for a LPN or RN for a practice located in Greentree/Carnegie. Prior Family Practice physician office experience is required. Ideal candidates will be experienced with computers (Electronic Medical Records a plus) and have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced working environment. Plebotomy skills a must. Current PA license required. Execellent benefits package including 401(k) with match. Competitive salary. EOE m/f/d/v
General Purpose of the Position: Responsible for assisting physicians with patient care, clerical, environmental and organizational tasks. May assist with appointment scheduling and chart management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Escorts patient to and from exam or treatment rooms as appropriate. Records all patient data prior to the physician/nurse seeing the patient: vital signs, height and weight, allergies, medications, chief complaint, reason for visit.
- Administers subcutaneous and intramuscular injections as directed by the physician.
- Answers and returns telephone calls as directed. Is responsible for calling pharmacies for prescriptions or may answer patient telephone calls for referrals. May handle other patient telephone calls as directed by the physician or nurse.
- Obtains all necessary patient records, lab data, diagnostics, consults, etc. as required by the physician for assessment of the patient's medical status.
- Obtains blood specimens from peripheral sites as needed in accordance with OSHA and Universal precautions.
- Assists with exams and procedures as requested.
- Assists with scheduling tests, procedures or appointments to follow-up on test results.
- Prepares, maintains and stocks exam/ treatment rooms, orders supplies as needed.
- Obtains new patient information and any test results.
- Assists with administrative duties such as typing, faxing, reception, etc.
- Processes instruments and equipment as needed.
- Informs Physician of Patient Reschedules or no shows.
- Assists with delegated patient education activities including but not limited to distributing educational literature, etc.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Monster - 2 years ago