Description – Overview
The primary purpose of the Flow Cytometry Specialist’s position is to perform daily operations of flow cytometry facility. Impacts operations of flow cytometry facility, user support and education and independent research. Independently operates flow cytometers and cell sorters and trains employees in use of cytometry software. Participates in experiment setup, instrument quality control and routine maintenance. Provides data analysis. Interacts with staff and assists with the execution experimental goals. Maintains inventory and cleanliness of lab. Assists with scheduling instrumentation and service .
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, hardworking, responsible individual, dedicated to high standards and integrity. Good written and oral communication skills are required. The individual must be capable of planning and executing tasks in an organized manner in a busy core laboratory environment.
1. Assist with the operation of the flow cytometers and cell sorters, including experiment setup.
a. 2 Aria II, Influx, Canto II, LSR Fortessa, FACSCalibur, FACScan
2. Perform & archive results of daily QC.
3. Preparation of laboratory buffers & solutions.
4. Interact with clientele to understand and execute experimental goals.
5. Assist with the Data analysis of fcs files. Train research personnel in use of software.
6. Alignment and troubleshooting of flow cytometers and cell sorters
7. Scheduling instrumentation.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor's degree in biological sciences or a related field.
Two years of experience in scientific or experimental research work.
Flow cytometry experience.
The mission of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world...