Division: Biological Assessment
Function: Corn & Soybean Production
State/Province: Hawaii [HI]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Research Associate 3
Job ID: 3247
This position is to lead the execution of Line Purity Maintenance (LPM) trials, strictly following guidelines provided by our LPM stakeholders on the mainland.
- Manage research and field technicians in executing assigned special projects. Activities may include, but are not restricted to, planting, sampling, pollinating, harvesting, and shelling. Projects may utilize different agreed upon protocols and have varying timelines.
- Plan and prioritize resources to project peak demand and communicate the needs of the project to the Associate Scientist.
- Manage employees in carrying out tasks, including documenting and training 3rd party workers and Syngenta staff.
- Communicate 3rd party and peak labor demands to ensure adequate staff are available in a year round growing environment.
- Capture field data in electronic and physical records.
- Provide timely updates on nursery and greenhouse trial progress.
- Understand and fully comply with Trait Stewardship policies and processes.
- Understand Site Work Instructions and protocols pertaining to the specific project.
- Encourage safety awareness, participate in HSE programs, and fully support station safety objectives.
- Continuously assess agronomic and plant health conditions of trial material, and promptly document and report any issues requiring action and follow-up with relevant functions.
- As needed, participate in station teams and initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Critical knowledge: :
- Knowledge of standard computer software, including MS Office Suite.
- Ability to operate a vehicle on public roads.
- Excellent analytical and deductive reasoning skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work positively and effectively with internal and external personnel and Agencies.
- Working knowledge of trait stewardship and HSE principals, as well as applicable Federal, State, and local regulations.
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Effective communication both interdepartmentally and cross functionally to assure that field and processing efforts are performed in a manner consistent with accommodating business demands and requirements.
- Development and execution of field trial plans required to meet key business strategies and product availability requirements.
- Attention to detail in all tasks, including data integrity and phenotypic characteristics of plants.
- A proactive response when trial outcome is not meeting agreed requirements and standards.
- Diligent continuous improvement of process and performance.
- Execution of all tasks within agreed timelines.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in a lead customer-focused support role with demonstrated independent troubleshooting skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Must be willing to work outdoors in a tropical environment, with possible adverse lab, greenhouse, and field conditions (heat, wind, rain, humidity) and in the office.
- Candidates must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
WORKING CONDITIONS WHILE PERFORMING ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Candidates must be available during unpredictable workload peaks, including weekends as necessary.
Syngenta - 23 months ago
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...