The Proposal/Bid Manager is responsible for the creation of written responses to requests for proposal made by clients and prospective clients of our organization.
Project management/authoring of RFP responses, including:
- Project process ownership and accountability (timeline, workshare, communication)
- Bid qualification
- Win theme identification and development
- Writing/editing/maintaining a database of question/answer pairs commonly used in proposals
- Writing and editing new content.
- Close communication with subject matter experts who assist in the writing of new material
- Formatting, proofing, printing, shipping of completed proposals by firm deadlines.
In order for Kenexa (an IBM company) to offer a wide range of opportunities to applicants, and to afford IBM flexibility in staffing across its corporate structure, your application and information may be shared across our enterprise, including with and among other IBM subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide. By submitting your application and information you acknowledge and agree that your information will be used and made available to our subsidiaries and affiliates, and that you may be interviewed by, or ultimately offered employment by, any of IBM's subsidiaries and affiliates.
We particularly encourage applications from candidates whose race, national origin, sex, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or physical disability will contribute to our diversity.
- Proficiency in MS Office software, especially Word and Excel, with a basic understanding of technology.
- High level of writing and editing skill. Excellent command of English grammar and the ability to edit for consistent style is a must.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. This position continually requires demonstrated poise, initiative, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent project management/task organization skills. This work requires continual attention to detail in meeting inflexible deadlines and understanding priorities.
- Intrinsic motivation – capable of working independently
- A minimum of 2 years of experience or education/work in academia is required. Experience in the fields of bid/proposal writing, technical writing, journalism, project management, corporate communications, or marketing communications represent the best fit to this position.
- Travel Requirements: n/a