Practice in Manassas, VA is looking for responsible, determined Dental Office Assistant - Business Assistant to join our dental office. The Dental Business Office Assistant will handle various administrative tasks in our front office area. The Dental Business Office Assistant role plays an important part in communicating effectively with patients and maintaining an organized administrative schedule. Our dental office is committed to providing optimal dental care, so if you think you have what it takes to help us accomplish this task, we’d love to hear from you. Compensation will be based on experience.
Functions of the Dental Office Assistant - Business Assistant
The Dental Business Office Assistant will maintain and organize all administrative functions in the front office, including reception tasks – receiving and distributing office mail and email, answering the office phone and distributing calls or messages accordingly, communicating patients’ arrival promptly, managing administrative records and pulling/filing office charts among other duties. The Dental Business Office Assistant will also work with administrative scheduling, including maintaining office records, documenting patient dental treatments and transactions, following office procedures for patient referrals and scheduling of office appointments. Other duties include maintaining office accounts receivable information, making financial arrangements with patients before treatments and ordering office and administrative supplies.
At Heartland Dental Care, we understand that our employees work hard, so we offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as continuing educational opportunities that exceed the industry norm. Our extensive training and continuing education opportunities are unparalleled. Finally, we invest heavily in our employees and prefer to promote from within. If your career ambitions include leadership, we have many opportunities for you. Our business is expected to double in size within the next five to seven years and new positions will be created to support our growth.
- Medical and prescription drug insurance
- Free dental services for yourself and your dependents minus lab fees
- Vision care support
- Life insurance
- 401(K) retirement plan
- 6 paid holidays off
- Team-focused, uplifting and educational work culture
- Potential for 2 weeks vacation available
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A friendly, positive demeanor with patients and dental office team members
- Great administrative organizational skills
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new programs
- Must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of dentistry and dental procedures
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to travel for training, occasionally out of state
- Dental experience a plus
- Associates degree preferred, but not required
Heartland Dental, LLC
- 2 years ago - save job
At Heartland Dental Care, we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence. Our focus is "Our Patients Come First". We offer our...