Stein Mart is currently seeking a fun, fashionable and friendly person to join our Store Team as a Customer Service Manager. We are looking for someone to create a store culture focused on service, maintain service standards at the front of the store, supervise register operations, assist with selecting and developing Service Associates, and serve as a Manager on Duty.
- Welcome and greet customers, modeling a positive customer service spirit, exhibiting a friendly and helpful attitude with customers and associates.
- Work with the Store Management team to set expectations and achieve service standards at the front of the store.
- Ensure high quality presentation at the front of the store.
- Provide information and communicate effectively.
- Build relationships that foster a healthy team environment.
- Make informed decisions.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of Stein Mart's policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership to Service Associates working at the registers and coordinate register activities.
- Partner with the Store Management Team to interview, select and hire Associates.
- Utilize Stein Mart training and development resources to develop job skills and provide information to help others learn.
- Organize workflow and create work schedules to ensure register coverage.
- Contribute to maintaining a safe and secure store environment.
- Serve as a Manager on Duty by providing store leadership during a closing shift.
- High school graduate or equivalent (GED), Associates degree preferred
- 1 to 3 years applicable customer service work experience
- Minimum of 1 year prior experience supervising 5 or more individuals
- Computer keyboard knowledge and experience using a computer in a Windows environment.
- Strong interest and desire to work with people.
- Results oriented; demonstrated ability to make informed decisions, complete tasks and problem solve.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to assume a leadership role in a supervisory capacity.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Moderate physical effort required; Standing and walking will constitute 95% or more of a work shift.
- Use of equipment to include but not limited to, reading from a visual monitor, operating a computer keyboard and calculator.
Stein Mart's style is to operate department-like stores that feature discount prices. With some 260 shops in some 30 states, it sells...