To assist in building and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships between Intermountain Healthcare and its key stake holders through the consistent use of best practice communication tools. Helps plan, direct, produce, coordinate and effectively communicate the plan, policies, programs, and activities of Intermountain Healthcare to various audiences.
1. Communications: Plans, researches, writes, edits, proof reads, produces and distributes various publications for both internal and external audiences. Achieves desired results on time and under budget. Creates or finds artwork as needed. Researches and negotiates usage rights and fees for stock artwork when appropriate. Has primary responsibilities for internal communication among clinical staff, working with clinical leadership to achieve strategic objectives
2. Multi-media production: May assist in conceptualizing, writing and editing print, presentation, online and video communications.
3. Follows writing and graphic design principles to produce materials using a variety of software programs.
4. Participates in strategic planning activities for the department and on individual projects.
5. Assists in the development and implementation of consistency standards for areas of responsibility to ensure system branding guidelines are followed with high quality and professionalism.
6. Communication consultant: Serves as communications consultant for assigned departments including: creating, branding and editing messages. Attends meetings, gives input on potential communication strategies and makes presentations.
7. Media relations: May assist in designing, developing and executing appropriate media relations strategies. Proactive in developing professional relationships with external media. Responds to media inquiries in a timely manner. Acts as liaison to Corporate Communications for facility.
8. Oversees assigned community relations activities. May facilitate the development of partnerships for focused local community and hospital / facility community relations and fund raising initiatives. Assists in organizing and executing community relations plans and programs.
9. May be responsible for internet content management and coordination.
10. Performs additional communication duties, including but not limited to occasional project management, team cross training, and committee representation.
Entry Rate: 19.48
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Shift Details: regular full time business hours
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, English, Journalism or other liberal arts major requiring strong writing skills. Intermountain verifies both degree attainment and educational institution accreditation following an offer of employment.
- Three or more years experience in journalism, public relations, or advertising
- Demonstrated excellent writing and publication production experience. Demonstrated excellent interpersonal relations and communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and experience with copy editing and proof reading. Demonstrated proficiency in desktop publishing programs and/or other communication tools. Ability to coordinate multiple projects under strict deadlines.
- Manual Dexterity, Seeing, Speaking
- Prior health care experience
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 7 months ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...