Title: Unpaid Intern- Technology Based Training
Department: Safety and Training
Post Date: 01/18/2013
Close Date: 02/04/2013
Hay Point Evaluation: N/A
Position Classification: Non Safety Sensitive
Location: Hillside Support Facility
Reports to: Assistant Director - Technology Based Training
Responsible to use their proven technical skills, communication skills and knowledge of industry best practices to assist Technology Based Training Staff in the creation of multimedia-rich, interactive computer-based training lessons and support material.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Learn and assist in designing graphics, layout and content for the Corporate Safety and Training department's intranet website.
- Learn and assist in creating and revising interactive DHTML (D html) CBT (Computer Based Training) Lessons and Templates.
- Learn and assist in testing DHTML (D html) CBT (Computer Based Training) Lessons.
- Provide user support via telephone and/or Email.
- Prepare instructional design and lesson planning.
- Perform other assignments as requested by Assistant Director - Technology Based Training.
- Must be a full-time college student with ability to present proof of the next semester's registration.
- Must be eligible to receive college credit for the internship.
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree program related to Computer Science.
- Must have experience working with CSS, HTML, and XML. PLEASE INCLUDE ANY EXPERIENCE YOU HAVE WITH THIS IN YOUR RESUME. DESCRIBE ANY PROJECTS YOU HAVE WORKED ON UTILIZING THESE LANGUAGES.
- PLEASE INCLUDE ANY CLASSES YOU HAVE TAKEN SPECIALIZING IN CSS, HTML AND XML ON YOUR RESUME.
- Must have completed courses in Graphic and/or Interactive Media Design.
- Must have completed courses in Web Design.
- Must possess strong verbal and visual communication skills.
- Must possess ability to take ownership of assignments, work well under pressure with tight deadlines and changing demands.
How To Apply
- Experience working in Adobe CS (Creative Suite): Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Flash.
- Knowledge of Internet browsers and their capabilities and limitations.
- Published Information Technology work in a professional journal.
Qualified applicants can submit an online application by clicking on the 'APPLY NOW' button from either the CAREERS page or from the JOB DESCRIPTION page.
If you have previously applied on line for other positions, enter your User Name and Password. If it is your first registration, click on the CLICK HERE TO REGISTER hyperlink and enter a User Name and Password; then click on the REGISTER button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Long Island Rail Road is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. As such, we encourage applicants from women and members of minority groups.
MTA - 30+ days ago