- Addressing day-to-day server issues in a production environment that requires quick turnaround during and outside of business hours
- Performing essential UNIX administration tasks – server builds, patching, user administration, cluster management, software installations, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Promptly responding to telephone calls, voice-mail and e-mail.
- Resolving and documenting system errors and performance issues.
- Performing root cause analysis of critical errors and outages.
- Identification and resolution of customer issues
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or technical-related area together with equivalent working experience
- 5 years of experience supporting critical business applications on the RedHat Enterprise Linux Operating System
- Minimum of 3-5 years supporting MySQL database environments
- Bash, Perl, sed, awk,scripting is a must!
- Must be able to multitask, meet deadlines and changing priorities.
- Must be able to work in high-pressure environment, sometimes independently
and sometimes as part of a project team.
- Must be able to login to a linux machine and know how to locate conf files and web root directories.
- Must be able to create shell, ftp, and mysql accounts
- Must be able to work with legacy bash scripts
Indeed - 11 months ago
At RELATIONAL CONCEPTS, INC, our activities include management consulting and planning, web site design and development, systems analysis...