Reference Code: 13002251
Location: Rutherford, NJ, USA
Education Level: Associate's Degree/College Diploma
DC Site Media Management is responsible for 24x7 management and tracking of all activity within the media management environment for Data Center Site Media Operations (DCMO). DCMO is responsible for managing all physical media operations, whether it is onsite, offsite, or in-transit, for the Americas Data Center. Media management acts as the first, second, and third level support for resolving physical media operations issues.
The Media Manager roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Reviewing the daily shift turnover.
• Replacing any/all damaged tape media.
• Assist in automated trouble tickets and perform level 3 break/fix activity for trouble related hardware.
• Monitor/Mount all Netbackup Silo tape mount requests.
• Initiating, scheduling, coordinating, and approving media management sponsored change controls.
• Ensuring proper change controls, and associated Description
s, exist for all media management affected changes.
• Manage daily ad-hoc tape/job request and scratch activity.
• Adhere to Corporate Audit and Security Administrations rules and regulations and makes certain that established data center procedures are followed.
• Scrutinize and administer all the existing systems and their associated hardware, reacting to clients needs and keeping the client informed.
• Manage tape destruction process, insuring all proper documentation has been recorded and approved ensure destruction procedures are followed.
• Manage hard drive destruction process, insuring all proper documentation has been recorded and approved ensure destruction procedures are followed.
• Maintain onsite tape library slot capacity.
• Manage/Maintain the hard drive wiping and degaussing hardware and software equipment.
• Review and attest to documentation such as procedures, PCM and audit documents.
After twelve months in this position, the Media Manager will be proficient in CTI standards and policies regarding the operations and maintenance of the Rutherford data center media environments. He/she will be able to lead the Media Management team and handle day-to-day activity supporting the media libraries, i.e. trouble calls, technical requests, vaults, change controls, etc. He/she will be able to act on, and lead the team through, typical technical request activity from various internal and external operations disciplines.
The Americas Data Center environment is a fast-paced, demanding environment that requires a Media Manager to successfully multi-task BAU, technical request, and repair activities. The priority of “daily task” activity changes often in this environment.
The position requires 24x7 availability via email and/or cell phone (off-hours effort and flexible work hours including weekend work are required) and some travel to other global strategic data centers.
Required skills include:
- 7+ years experience in an operations or media management position.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Logical problem solving techniques and associated experience in operations, data center facilities and media management.
- Excellent knowledge of SILO display commands.
- Able to work well with others, in a team environment.
- Able to multi-task, understanding the current situation in other affected areas and how it will affect Media Management.
- Familiar with fundamental operations concepts such as change control, importance of good documentation and problem ownership.
- Ability to work productively in a team environment is essential.
- Successful candidate will be able to build good work relationships and give high priority to customer/client satisfaction.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required. College degree is preferred.
- Detailed enterprise project management skills a plus.
Citi - 18 months ago
Citi is today's pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company that could...