Since becoming an independent organization in 2002, BBYO has built a powerful platform of professionals, volunteers and teens who are capable of delivering a wide menu of compelling experiences to the Jewish teen audience. Since that time, the number of teen participants has more than doubled to 36,000, its North American staff has grown to over 100 professionals, and its budget exceeds $20 million. During the next five years BBYO will fully leverage this platform by offering clearly defined learning objectives, more program experiences, more opportunities to connect and more substantive tools to measure impact, ultimately sending a more passionate generation of young Jews to campus and young adulthood.
Together, Central Region East and Philadelphia Region, have nearly 700 AZA/BBG members throughout Delaware, Central & Eastern Pennsylvania, and Western New York. This summer, the two regions will officially merge to form a mega region with a strategy in place to dramatically grow teen involvement in Greater Philadelphia and provide more staff support to the Wilmington area.
The Program Associate will:
The ideal candidate will take an entrepreneurial approach to creating Jewish activities that resonate with teens today, encouraging them to experience Judaism on their terms, and providing them the tools, resources and guidance to program in a way that adds value, meaning and identity to their lives. The Experience in working with youth is preferred. The primary focus of the position will be to strengthen, and where appropriate, start new chapters in Greater Philadelphia and the Wilmington area (including West Chester and Newark). The candidate will need to have experience in grassroots community organizing, either with BBYO or another organization.
- Develop innovative programs that engage teens socially, culturally, communally and intellectually and reflect the diversity of Jewish life, including: Israel, community service, education and Shabbat.
- Support and inspire teens by creating leadership development opportunities and serving as a Jewish role model/experiential educator.
- Assist the Regional Director and youth leadership in the planning and administration of regional programs including overnight conventions.
- Build collaborative partnerships with Jewish and secular community organizations (e.g., secular high schools and local JCCs).
- Assist the Regional Director in developing annual program calendar, budget and implementation plan/timeline.
- Attend and supervise local programming, as scheduled.
- Enhance BBYO’s community visibility and teen involvement through targeted marketing (including on-line) and stellar programming.
- Serve as leadership staff/facilitator at designated BBYO summer program(s), including CLTC/ILTC (skills development).
- Assist the Regional Director in recruiting, training, supervising and developing a core volunteer base as chapter advisors, with primary responsibility in Greater Philadelphia and Wilmington area (including West Chester and Newark).
- Plan city-wide programming (ex: sports, dances) in Greater Philadelphia, and possibly Wilmington.
- Administer BBYO Connect in Greater Philadelphia and Wilmington.
This position is full time based in the Philadelphia area with a choice of excellent benefits packages including health, vision and dental plans, paid time off and up to 4% retirement fund match contribution. Additional time off is available for Jewish holidays, parental leave, and community service. The position will be supervised by the CRE/Philadelphia Regional Director.
BBYO, Inc. - 10 months ago