Supervises assigned operational functions within the department consistent with the strategic plan, the fiscal budget, and the company’s short-term and long-term profitability objectives.
Supervises the delivery and measurement of guest service standards within Environmental Services, consistent with established guidelines/standards.
Supervises accountability processes for Environmental Services; ensures compliance with budgetary guidelines, company policies, established departmental guidelines/standards, and legal requirements.
Supervises Human Resources responsibilities for Environmental Services to include: Hiring recommendations that encompass the company’s diversity commitment, Training, Coaching ,Performance feedback, Recommending and administering discipline and Scheduling.
Creates a work environment that promotes teamwork, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction.
Works closely in mentoring/coaching Casino/Utility Porters in additional tasks/responsibilities to optimize advancement opportunities available for subordinate staff.
Monitors Casino/Utility Porters’ work schedules, enforces break/lunch schedules, provides early-outs and overtime based on budgetary guidelines, volume, forecasts, and departmental needs.
Schedules work force assigned to shift to ensure all sections/areas are adequately covered.
Provides ideas/suggestions for new products, services, technology, and processes to ensure Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino’s competitive position in anticipation of changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality/gaming environment.
Monitors Casino/Utility Porters’ activities for quality assurance. Evaluates Casino/Utility Porters’ performance and provides coaching/progressive counseling when applicable; conducting annual performance appraisals as required.
Provides guest resolution for all issues/concerns beyond the scope of authority designated to Casino/Utility Porters, in an expedient and professional manner.
Assists the EVS Manager with daily administrative duties, as needed/requested.
Promotes a free exchange of ideas among employees to continuously improve guest service and job satisfaction
Advises management of any discrepancy, potential security issue, and/or area of concern which may have a negative impact on the department/property.
Maintains constant awareness of safety and accident prevention.
Ensures all equipment and work areas are kept clean/clear of any safety hazards.
Assists in the training of Casino/Utility Porters in OSHA standards/regulations, and documents/submits to EVS Manager.
Inventories supplies and ensures necessary items are ordered, as needed.
Ensures equipment is working properly, prepares necessary work orders when needed, and ensures equipment is repaired/returned in a timely manner.
Maintains strict key/radio equipment control in accordance with established guidelines/procedures.
Completes all projects assigned by management in a timely and professional manner.
Establishes and maintains effective working relationship with all departments within Mandalay Bay Casino & Resort.
Performs assigned duties during emergencies. Ability to work under pressure, or in an emergency, in a calm and rational manner.
Trains Casino/Utility Porters, as necessary, to ensure departmental standards are met.
Performs all of the functions of a Casino/Utility Porter at a high level of expertise, offering technical guidance/assistance as needed.
Performs other job related duties as requested.
- At least 6 months of previous cleaning experience in health services, public area, or comparable environment.
- Working knowledge of basic cleaning equipment/techniques; and communication devices (radios, pagers, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in adherence to, and training of, OSHA standards/regulations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- At least 6 months of previous supervisory/managerial experience in a comparable environment.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Previous experience managing employees using a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Bi – lingual.
MGM Resorts International - 19 months ago