SUMMARY: The Application Architect for SAP Systems is responsible for all aspects of applications architecture and strategy for GMCR’s SAP technical platforms across our global IST footprint. This includes the creation and management of standards and specifications which define the details of all services in each layer of the technical delivery platform optimized to meet GMCR service level requirements. These standards will be used to guide and govern the planning, design, and implementation of SAP platforms. He/She possesses a thorough knowledge and understanding of modern 3-tier architectures, database, network and middleware technologies with a very strong background in current SAP environment configuration and management. This position works closely with other groups within the IST organization, external key partners, consulting organizations, and industry leaders to ensure SAP platforms are best in class and able to deliver GMCR requirements for high-availability, high-performance and globally scalable.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : None
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determines, documents, and guides SAP and required software installation and configuration as appropriate to meet performance & reliability requirements appropriate for each environment.
- Works with internal IST department and external partners to specify and govern the technical implementation details including servers, storage, networks, middleware, configuration and security requirements ensuring all components and implementations meet architectural requirements.
- Works with IST departments and external partners to define requirements for and ensure effective monitoring, measuring, and support of SAP systems.
- Acts as a hands-on mentor with IST team members to convey best practices in SAP systems architecture and management.
- Architect strategic SAP systems solutions, ensuring they meet availability, scalability, security, and business continuity goals.
- Provide guidance to IST Senior Leadership, and set strategic direction for technologies required to support the SAP business applications.
- Lead solution selection processes including requirements gathering, administering RFP/RFI processes and evaluating vendors for SAP technical infrastructure support services.
- Support problem identification, escalation and resolution process for technical issues with SAP platforms and environments.
- Monitor emerging technology developments and identify opportunities for improvement. Lead the introduction of new technologies to the IST organization.
- Participate in budget development and management for the SAP technical environment.
- Formulate, recommend, and document company IST policies, directions and best practices.
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
· Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by GMCR and the department.
· Performs other duties as requested by management.
· Off hours support could periodically be required to support project initiatives or support problem resolution with IST Teams.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. MS or MBA preferred.
· 10 years of experience in SAP systems architecture, management, and operations.
· Excellent communication and project management skills with strength in problem determination and resolution management.
· 5 years of experience as a technical lead managing technical teams in the successful delivery of complex projects.
· Top notch written and verbal communications skills with an aptitude to explain and persuade.
· Excellent architectural aptitude tempered with real-life experience leading to sound decisions that result in systems with the following attributes:
o Fully scalable and high performing systems with a low TCO
o Highly reliable and stable platforms
o Minimization of any single point of failure
o Maximization of flexibility and serviceability
· Technical leadership with ability to think strategically and communicate effectively.
· Ability to develop/maintain productive business relationships with business leaders in and out of IST
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Project (or similar))
· Ability to work in a professional team environment and follow GMCR policies and procedures
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, keep a positive attitude in a fast paced environment.
Other Critical Requierments:
- Thorough understanding of the SAP Basis function
- Thorough understanding of the various SAP components and Services such as Netweaver, Solution Manager, PI, MI, MDM, BOBJ, uPerform, etc
- T horough understanding of performance monitoring and performance troubleshooting
- System integration best practices
- Landscape management & best practices
- Transport methodology & best practice
- Coordinated OS, DB and Application Patching, Service Packs, OSS Notes, etc - Upgrade best practices, etc… (Change Management Best Practices), Preventive maintenance scheduling, etc…
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Predominately sedentary light office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (67% - 100% of the workday).
Depending on the position for which you are applying, offers of employment made by the company are contingent upon satisfactory completion of one or all of the following: a background investigation, reference check, credit report and a basic pre-employment medical examination to determine whether you are able to perform the essential functions of your position, with or without reasonable accommodation. You may also be required to take a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, and your offer of employment is contingent upon the successful passage of that test. Details regarding the drug and alcohol test shall be provided to you under separate cover and you will be required to provide a signed acknowledgement of receipt of GMCR’s Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace policy. In addition, as a condition of employment, the company is required, under current federal regulations to certify the legal status of all employees. All employment at GMCR is contingent upon the employee presenting and maintaining authorization to work in the United States. Therefore, on your first day of employment, it will be important that you provide documentation proving both your identity and authorization to work in the United States. GMCR is an E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters - 13 months ago
We believe in using the power of business to make the world a better place. Each step on the long road from tree to cup gives us an...