Harman International Industries, Inc. is the worldwide leader in the manufacture of high-quality, high-fidelity audio and electronic products for automotive, consumer and professional use. For more than 50 years, our legendary brands have taken a leading role in the creation and innovation of progressive technologies, from the world's first car radio in 1948 to today's most revolutionary infotainment systems.
Requisition Number: ENG1150
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer - Systems
Area of Interest: Engineering/ Technology
Career Level: Experienced (non-manager)
Position Type: Full Time - Regular
City: Farmington Hills
State / Province: Michigan
Country: United States Exempt
Harman International Industries, Inc. is the worldwide leader in the manufacture of high-quality, high-fidelity audio and electronic products for automotive, consumer and professional use. It is the parent company behind an array of legendary brands that includes Harman Kardon®, JBL®, Mark Levinson® and Infinity®. The Company has developed, both internally and through a series of acquisitions, a range of product offerings. It operates in three segments: Automotive, Consumer and Professional. The Automotive segment designs, manufactures and markets audio, electronic and infotainment systems for vehicle applications primarily to be installed as original equipment by automotive manufacturers. The Consumer segment designs, manufactures and markets audio, video and electronic systems for home, mobile and multimedia applications. The Professional segment designs, manufactures and markets loudspeakers and electronic systems used by audio professionals in concert halls, stadiums, airports, houses of worship and theme attractions. For more than 50 years, our legendary brands have taken a leading role in the creation and innovation of progressive technologies, from the world's first car radio in 1948 to today's most revolutionary infotainment systems.
- Architecture design for system
- Build creation/management
- Startup script creation/optimization
- Memory reduction/optimization
- Targeted system optimization
- Identify/resolve crashes and system failures
- Software update creation
- Driver creation/optimization
Specific Tasks will include:
- Working knowledge of software development tools (debugger's, emulators, compilers, etc).
- Ability to read schematics and debug analog and digital hardware.
Able to use oscilloscope and logic analyzer for troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of software development processes.
- Working knowledge of embedded operating systems.
- Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translates these into software designs.
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bus, and/or port to different platforms.
- Tests software designs and code at the unit and system level to insure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved.
- Participates in internal and customer driven design reviews throughout program.
- Coordinates software development activities with software team leader.
- Identifies product requirement or performance issues. Works with software team leader to negotiate resolution.
- Communicate with peers inside the Harman group to coordinate software development. This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups.
- Manages small projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating and follow through.
- Manages large projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating, and developing requirements in compliance with the established software development process.
- Works with the customer to further define requirements and to resolve issues.
- May direct the work of 1-2 other engineers.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
5+ years of embedded software development or testing.
5+ years of C/C++ or other structured language.
Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
- Experience with a scripting languages (Perl, LUA, or Python)
- Experience developing and debugging Java software applications (JDK, Eclipse, LWUIT, Kona)
- Microsoft Visual Studio development experience (or equivalent).
- Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
- Working knowledge of QNX or Embedded Linux.
Strong attention to detail.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
Creative problem-solver capable of creating and reproducing complex software defects.
- Capable project management and time management skills.
Willingness to travel 5% of the time.
Willingness to work in an office in Farmington Hills, MI.
Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test.
- 2 years ago - save job
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for consumers, automakers, and enterprises worldwide, including...