Title Software Documentation Engineer Job # 14667BR Job Function Engineering City Pittsburgh State Pennsylvania Country United States FT/PT Full Time Qty 1 Job Description At ARINC, it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose ARINC as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join ARINC and help shape our future while creating yours.
ARINC's (Location: Cranberry Township, PA) office is currently seeking a motivated Software Documentation Engineer to support its Surface Transportation & Security Systems Division. In this role you will become the subject matter system expert for AIM systems and document and test new software design elements.
The Software Documentation Engineer will:
Think beyond year one for a moment. We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At ARINC, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, and vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 6%, a Roth 401(k) option, gain sharing, and educational assistance. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure! Qualifications Required Experience:
- Develop, update and review technical system documentation.
- Participate with project teams to document ARINC's AIM software for current customers, tailor base product to new customers, and develop customer specific and product enhancements.
- Understand the AIM system and software in order to document new elements and changes in the scope of the project.
- Meet schedule deadlines within budget.
- Lead the system testing and thorough evaluation of deliverable systems.
- Conduct the effective, hands on system training for customers including operators, administrators, and hardware technicians.
- Tailor our base product to new customers and develop both customer specific and product enhancements.
- Work closely with development engineers to ensure accurate documentation of system functions and the latest product features.
- Lead the system testing independently and with the customer.
Education or Certification Requirements:
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience with systems design, development, documentation, troubleshooting, and analysis of complex software.
- Experience with formulating system engineering project requirements to meet customer needs.
- Experience with Operating Systems: Windows (2003,7,2010,and XP), and Unix.
- Ability to demonstrate solid writing skills and strong verbal communication skills to work in a highly integrated team environment.
- Ability to write documentation in support of system and/or software developments, modifications, and system integrations.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or related technical field. Amount of Travel Required for Position 0 - 25