Oracle Database Administrator Advisor – Plano, TX
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for an Oracle Database Administrator Advisor to join our team in Plano, Texas.
- Install, configure, upgrade, and manage MySQL RDBMS
- Configure and manage database maintenance, including backups, reorgs, update statistics, and any additional required maintenance
- Apply related patches
- Manage clusters as well as environments containing replication
- Provide system administration staff with requirements for MySQL host machines
- Participate in an on-call rotation as part of a global leveraged team
- Represent database administration team in operations as well as project activities
- Minimum of 4-6 years experience as a DBA in an operational environment (Oracle)
- MySQL 3.0, 4.0 and 5.0 DBA activities
- MySQL Clusters setup and support
- Unix fundamentals and shell scripting
- Candidate must meet Federal Security Eligibility requirement
- Possess both excellent technical and customer-facing skills
- Bachelor's Degree Required or equivalent work experience
- ITIL Foundation or related training
- Experience working in an outsourcing environment with ITIL service management processes
- Application/logical DBA tuning experience
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell - 10 months ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...