PPG Industries' vision is to continue to be the world's leading coatings and specialty Products Company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in nearly 70 countries around the world. Sales in 2012 were $15.2 billion.
Within our Architectural Coatings business, we produce paints, stains, and specialty coatings under the PPG Pittsburgh® Paints, PPG Olympic® Paints and Stains, and PPG Porter® Paints brands, and service the North American coatings industry across three channels.
PPG is proud to announce that we have recently completed the acquisition of the AkzoNobel North American Architectural Coatings business. This acquisition provides our newly combined Trade organization a tremendous platform for profitable growth. This acquisition enables us to now operate in 800+ retail stores, sell through over 4,000 dealer stores and supply product to large home improvement retailers, such as Lowe's and Home Depot. This acquisition also brings a portfolio of well established brands to PPG such as Glidden, Glidden Professional, Ralph Lauren Paint, Devoe Coatings and Martha Stewart Living paints; Flood, Sikkens and Synteko woodcare products; plus Liquid Nails adhesives and caulks.
Management Training Program
As one of the industry's leading Architectural Coatings businesses, we are looking for future leaders. Our Management Trainee program is one of the finest in the industry and provides a solid foundation for you to build your future. Throughout the program, we will train, mentor and develop your skills to a point where you can build your own career path with unlimited potential and opportunities.
· This program will include structured training at a dedicated training center and will involve hands on training, self study modules and classroom training as well as continued learning
· This position is designed to provide extensive training, both on-the-job and through company training programs, to give you the management and technical skills necessary to become an Assistant Store Manager and ultimately a Store Manager.
· Each Management Trainee works one-on-one with experienced store managers, spending time in each department learning how to manage the day to day store operations
The Management Trainee will be working within PPG's company owned paint stores during this six (6) month training period. After the first three months of training the candidate will assume the duties of an Assistant Manager. After successful completion of this training, candidates will then be eligible to apply for open Store Manager positions. This placement will likely result in relocation
· Work in a retail paint store selling paint and sundry products, processing orders and returns, while developing excellent product knowledge
· Mixing Paint and performing color matches by customer request
· Quickly resolve customer complaints and problems
· Interact with other PPG stores, corporate offices, vendors, and employees
· Build and maintain strong relationships with customers
· Exhibit leadership skills and be highly self-motivated
· Must have ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
· Bachelors Degree
· Must be willing to work all scheduled hours, which may include evenings and weekends; and overtime
· Submit to a background check including: criminal, credit check, and driver's license check
· Submit to a hair analysis intoxicant screen
· Must be legally able to work in the United States
· Must be 18 years of age
· Willingness to relocate to other U.S. cities as development opportunities are identified (relocation assistance is offered to those who qualify)
What can we offer you?
· Salary - $35,000 annually
· Medical and Dental coverage
· 401K Plan
· Life Insurance
· Paid Vacation / Holiday
· Employee Discount
PPG prides itself on the quality of it's employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG Industries, Inc. offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others.
We would like to thank candidates who submit their interest for this position. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
PPG Industries - 19 months ago
PPG Industries, Inc. (PPG) is a global supplier of protective and decorative coatings. The Company operates in six segments: Performance...