Title: Software Engineer
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Candidate will participate in the development, maintenance, and installation of software for real-time Plant Process monitoring and information system as well as products for thermal performance optimization. Responsible to function as a member of the software development team implementing client specific applications.
Purpose of the Job:
Plans, designs, develops, and tests software for enhancements and new products.
Measure for Success:
- Develop, review, test, troubleshoot and refine system and software requirements with internal and external customers under some supervision.
- Perform requirements capture and specification; feasibility, concept proving and prototyping; and design, code, test, debug, configure, maintain and document software with minimal supervision.
- Coordinate with other Research and Development and Scientech staff to ensure that the direction of software design meets customer and Scientech requirements.
- Create and/or review design documentation for software under some supervision.
- Create and/or review formal test documentation for software under some supervision.
- Integrate created software into respective systems under some supervision.
- Support deployed systems by analyzing and fixing software related issues under some supervision.
- Follow established guidelines and procedures to ensure technical standards are met according to company standards.
- Learn and apply new concepts to develop and demonstrate technical competence.
- Work well independently and as part of a team to achieve team and organizational goals.
- Demonstrate a strong customer focus by listening to, recognizing, and responding to customer input in an effective, timely and courteous manner.
- Take initiative as problems and opportunities arise by anticipating and meeting customer needs and company expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related degree.
- For Associate Software Engineer: Minimum of 0 to 2 years of experience developing software using C/C++ (or C#) and working the full product life cycle from concept, requirements capture, through design, implementation and testing phases.
- For Software Engineer: Minimum of 2 to 4 years of experience developing software using C/C++ (or C#) and working the full product life cycle from concept, requirements capture, through design, implementation, testing, and installation phases.
- For Senior Software Engineer: Minimum of 4 years of experience developing software using C/C++ (or C#) and working the full product life cycle from concept, requirements capture, through design, implementation, testing, and installation phases.
- Ability to work a professional work schedule with non-regular hours, as required.
- Visual and manual dexterity to perform daily computer functions.
- Ability to sit and concentrate for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in and around an office environment.
- Technical documentation skills
- Experience using real time software.
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio C/C++/C#
- Experience with Fortran
- Experience in programming VB.NET, and Office VBA
- Knowledge of InstallShield
- Knowledge of UNIX and Windows operating systems with experience in system management and real-time application development
- Experience using real-time debuggers.
- Familiarity with performing formal testing/integration, including software unit testing and integration of software with hardware as well as creating and executing system test procedures.
Curtiss-Wright - 2 years ago
Once an aeronautical pioneer -- its engines powered the B-17 bomber and The Spirit of St. Louis -- Curtiss-Wright makes lower-visibility...