The Assistant Chief Engineer (ACE) will be responsible for defining, communicating, approving, and tracking adherence to robust vehicle levels, and system level/sub-system functional objectives and roadmaps. The Engineer will own the technical, system testing and validation testing while working with the design release teams. Successful candidate will lead technical reviews/evaluations and technical specification sign-offs. He/she will be accountable for establishing quality plans for durability, vehicle qualification testing, and manage each throughout the process while supporting adherence to timing and cost objectives. The ideal candidate will co-lead vehicle build plans, bench vehicle testing plans, and manage/communicate issue resolution plans.
The Engineer will instill accountability to priority actions and rapid turn of results with internal and extended teams. Other responsibilities will be reviewing supplier sourcing plans and ensure accurate quality control metrics are established and tracked throughout the development process. Lead ePT and vehicle system interface/interaction assessments to assure robustness to objectives, while using cutting edge technologies, the latest test and evaluation equipment/laboratory, and robust simulation tools. Assure compliance to program goals and post-test inspection reviews, including detailed failure analysis. Candidate will be including manufacturing entities to ensure designs are robust to customer requirements, meet exact function, and can be manufactured without defect. Execute these tasks with strong leadership abilities and outstanding teamwork/communication skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum 3 years of technical work experience
- Knowledge of DFMEA and DVP&R development and execution
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, self-starter, and strong independent leadership skills.
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering from accredited university
- Minimum of 2 years in hybrid and/or electrification field
- Strengths in CAE modeling and simulation work
- Strong program and people management skills