Position Number 163740
Department: Center for Environmental Health Sciences
Closing Date : Screening begins March 5, 2013; Applications received after 3/4 may be considered
Work Schedule : Full-time, 12 months/year, 1.0 FTE
Minimum Entry Rate: $14. 175 /hr - $15.451/hr
Union Affiliation: MPEA
Probationary Period : Six months minimum
Benefits Include: Insurance package; mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver; professional development/wellness program
The mission of Center for Environmental Health Sciences (CEHS) is to advance knowledge of environmental impacts on human health. The Center brings together a critical mass of researchers to investigate mechanisms of pulmonary and cardiovascular diseases, immune and autoimmune disorders, developmental defects, neurodegenerative diseases, genetic susceptibility, and the impacts environmental factors have in causing or exacerbating these conditions. These studies will lead to new or better treatments, improved assessment of the actual risks caused by exposure to environmental agents, and more effective methods to detect and reduce the adverse health impacts of these agents on human health.
This position will act as lead supervisor at the head of production for collaborative teams formed for graphics, video, and media content generation for outreach and internal CEHS projects including mobile, web, and computer based games and ePublications; media related responsibilities including the maintenance and generation of Drupal based websites, content management, and creation and maintenance for websites; design of graphics, motion graphics, and print media for CEHS activities; collaboration with CEHS in grant composition and illustration generation; and the documentation of CEHS events. This position requires someone who can lead and work as part of a team as well as the ability to work independently, can manage multiple projects, and brings a professional style to the materials.
- Mastery of Microsoft PowerPoint software and working knowledge of other Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to create professional-level materials, knowledge of computer systems, programs and internet
- Working knowledge of graphics within presentations
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Dreamweaver, Premiere Pro, Audition, Media Encoder, and Acrobat Pro.
- Proficiency in the setup of photography/videography equipment to document events and generate content for web and outreach projects
- Proficiency in the creation of motion graphics and animation utilizing Adobe software and the integration of alternative techniques including hand drawn and frame-by-frame with the aid of Wacom digital drawing tablets
- Proficiency in the capturing, editing, and mastering of audio recordings and the ability to create sound designs and music compositions for the accompaniment of motion graphics
- Proficiency in the generation of aesthetically pleasing still image designs to be used in digital and print formats
- Demonstrated knowledge of creating designs fitting the technical requirements for integration in web designs and print media
- Proficiency in the generation of illustrations/technical graphics to be used in science presentations, posters, publications, and grant proposals and reports
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of printers including large format poster printers; able to correctly format images and Adobe PDF documents for print
- Ability to serve as backup technical support for CEHS IT Systems Administrator in relation to Apple/Mac and “i” Devices operation, setup software installation, and server connections; willing to attend technical trainings and workshops
- Ability to work as a team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate technical and design-related information to technical, non-technical, design-familiar, and design unfamiliar individuals, employees, and collaborators
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills and ability to plan ahead and think quickly
- Demonstrate a high level of ability regarding the initiation of relevant research and protocols related to individual projects and team leadership and constantly be implementing new and improved methods related to the design and creation of interactive media, design, and augmented communication
- Working knowledge of Drupal Development with server skills; including an understanding of Modules, Blocks, and Views, how to add and organize content, and manage user accounts
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to maintain and manage equipment and information necessary for quality job performance
- Experience in teaching and working with students in a wide range of educational levels, proficiency, ability, and background disciplines
- Strong presentation/communication skills to address wide ranges of audiences including scientists, artists, and educators
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (Blackboard and Moodle) including design, courses establishment, add and improve content, course delivery in fully online courses and robust course supplements
(Qualified candidates must be able to meet minimum requirements and perform the primary functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, including lifting and moving desktop computers, printers, and furniture
- Bachelor’s degree in Media Arts or related field or five years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Upload the following materials: *Please note: only five (5) attachments are allowed per application. Please combine documents accordingly.
- Letter of Interest – please also address the stated required skills for the position
- Detailed resume listing education and describing work experience
- Three (3) letters of recommendation* addressing specific position capabilities (what was the position and what did it require you to do and learn)
- Include or list samples of your work – will enable the reviewers to see your capabilities
- If selected for an interview, you will be asked to give a presentation during the interview
*Letters may be submitted prior to closing date via e-mail to UmJobs@mso.umt.edu (in one of the following formats: doc, xls, txt, rtf, pdf, gif, jpg, htm, html) and must reference the position title and department in the e-mail.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to Offer of Employment
In accordance with University policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations.
Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law.
References *References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing Individual hiring departments at UM-M may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility. All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
University of Montana - 14 months ago