TransUnion, a global leader in credit and information management is seeking a Major Account Executive II for its Financial Services Direct Sales team to deliver TransUnion solutions to a major financial services institution. This position will be responsible for achieving the annual new business revenue target for his/her targeted “high opportunity” client base and providing superior client service. This includes engaging, assessing, leading and facilitating all business development associates and subject matter experts to identify, sell, close and manage projects in a collaborative manner.
This position will be located in the Chicago or Des Moines area with the ability to telecommute and travel.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Provide sales coverage for existing key large accounts or accounts with significant potential for additional revenue opportunity.
Lead external client planning process with individual clients to guarantee client acknowledgement of key business issues and recommended TU solutions and resources to address issues and opportunities.
Support and contribute to internal client planning process in order to prioritize and manage opportunities and sales initiatives.
Conduct regular account conversations with USIS business units about all customer related matter. Responsible for high client satisfaction results with all TU project deliverables.
Effectively manage and plan the totality of accounts with little guidance
Anticipate obstacles and proactively involve National Account VP as problems materialize.
Solve client problems and diffuse escalated matters. Provide documentation of issues and root cause for future issue avoidance.
Maximize account penetration by increasing depth and breadth of TU solutions across customer’s organization.
Communicate TU solutions value proposition and negotiate contracts for ongoing and new business opportunities.
Manage the contract review process with client and TU legal resources.
Establish self as a long-term ally of customer and develop a partnership strong enough to withstand major obstacles.
Exhibits knowledge of TransUnion core products and services, including solutions supported by other business units. Understands and can communicate application of analytics and decision systems to customer’s business processes.
Strategize with customers to define their business needs and provide creative and unique business solutions to address those needs.
Perform other related duties as needed.
Desired Skills & Experience
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in customer relationship management and sales experience in financial services or credit industry is required, along with a strong knowledge of the banking industry.
- Must have articulate communication skills to all level of the buying organization including C-level executives.
- Demonstrated presentation, written communications, negotiation, and problem solving skills are a must. Cold-calling skills are required.
- Knowledge of analytical/statistical solutions and applications within the banking industry are preferable.
- Travel around the United States to various client locations required approximately 25% of the time.
- A 4-year college degree is required, preferably with business focus.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft applications and other software applications. Must be Internet savvy and able to address a variety of technical/access problems to assist customers.
To be successful in the role, the incumbent will have great communication skills, be customer focused, have high energy, be proactive in building relationships and seeking new business prospects, results focused, and will have a high level of creativity and innovation. The ideal candidate must demonstrate flexibility in dealing with change and the ability to pursue issues in the face of adversity.
TransUnion helps credit scores transcend boundaries. The firm is one of the three major consumer credit reporting agencies (the others being...