Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific LLC is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, consumer products, packaging, paper, cellulose and chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
Georgia-Pacific Gypsum LLC is seeking a Production Operator to join our team at the Savannah, GA facility. Selection will be based on a series of assessments, as well as a MBM® interview.
- Perform repetitive and physically demanding tasks for extended periods (lifting, walking, climbing, pushing, twisting, stooping)
- Operate heavy load forklift
- Adhere to all plant environmental, health and safety guidelines, policies and procedures
- Assist crew members and work in team environment
- Relieve operator positions for breaks
- Prepare units of product for shipping
- Operate equipment to expected performance levels
- Perform housekeeping duties
- Sort product to assure quality is maintained
- Complete all training as required
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Willingness to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willingness to work around dust, grease, oil and other chemical substances
- Ability to lift 50 pounds routinely
- Willingness to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
- Willingness to work in a tobacco free environment
- Willingness to sign a confidentiality agreement as condition of employment
- At least 3 year manufacturing experience
- 1 year heavy load forklift experience/forklift certification
- Valid driver’s license
- Basic computer skills
The production operator position requires shift work. There are two rotating shifts (A and B teams). Each scheduled shift works twelve hours, 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m. The position requires wearing personal protective equipment (i.e. safety glasses, ear plugs, hard hat, and steel-toed shoes).
The production operator position is an hourly non-exempt role.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
- 11 months ago - save job
What's on Georgia-Pacific's mind? A whole lotta different products, that's what. Georgia-Pacific (GP) is one of the leading...