Public Relations, Planning and Communications Analyst
Work closely with the Vice President of Public Relations & Social Media to ensure alignment of company’s key messages, goals and initiatives with all team members and consumers. Create press releases, talking points and other documents for promotions, issues and crisis management. Manage day-to-day media, consumer and trade relations, and cause-related marketing programs. Develop and leverage promotional public relations activities for special events programs to generate additional incremental revenue and help drive store-traffic while building positive brand perceptions.
Provide and manage variety of public relations documents for brand awareness, trade and company issues and cause-related marketing programs. Create talking points, press releases, presentations and other documents to use with senior management, the media, trade groups, consumer confidence issues, etc. to drive the adoption and accomplishment of corporate goals and initiatives. Support the Vice-President of Public Relations and maintain close relations with corporate charities, PR agencies and trade groups to protect corporate reputation and brand equity.
Public Relations ( PR) Programs
- Correctly convey SJI’s key messages via public relations activities to preserve the reputation of the company and its brands in the consumer’s mind and in the markets in which it does business.
- Provide flawless execution of tasks and enhance the SJI/corporate charity partnership resulting in successful Cause-Related Marketing Programs.
- Provide accurate and useful research and insightful reports on organizations and issues that do/or could impact SJI’s success to support various departments.
Cause Related Marketing ( CRM) Programs
- Write and edit press releases, business documents and communications concerning the media, industry/trade topics, promotional public relations, employee relations, etc to deliver key messages to targeted audiences
- Develop appropriate key messages and positioning statements, at times utilizing various SJI departments, PR agencies and trade groups to optimize alignment of programs that support the strategic goals and objectives of the company and use innovative programs and methods to deliver key messages to targeted audiences.
- Oversee distribution of such press materials and communications to measure
- Create appropriate key messages and positioning statements to represent SJI in the appropriate manner in the media, trade groups and among employees.
- Work with PR agencies, trade groups and broadcast and print media to secure product placements.
- Develop media relations plans and secure opportunities for company in trade and news media
- Manage communication of relevant information to Home Offices and Field to ensure alignment of key messages to targeted audiences.
- Research, monitor and report on issues that could potentially have company-wide or industry-wide affects/impact. Manage database of such issues.
- Provide strategic communications support to various departments for broad company-wide initiatives including the development of communications tools, techniques and strategies to communicate consistent messaging on important areas such as Social Environmental and Ethical issues, issues management and organizational development.
- Communicate and execute appropriate policies and procedures that support clearly defined company goals and are aligned with company’s mission and initiatives.
- Develop and implement strategies to establish new, and maximize existing partnerships that are designed to generate revenue through cause-related marketing programs.
- Provide presentations, e-mails and other communications of relevant information to Home Office and Field to effectively deliver messages to front line employees across channels to support cause.
- Source, order ( negotiate price), manage and implement charity item search and selection for the corporate charity promotions to secure maximum corporate donation
- Work with various SJI departments to obtain approval on a variety of CRM projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Communications or Journalism
- 3-5 years of public relations or communications experience
- Press release and copy writing experience, presented through a presented portfolio
- Experience with cross-media, agency, promotional/marketing editorial and online research
- Manage multiple projects while working in a fast-paced environment
- Must demonstrate holistic and strategic planning and execution, successfully execute projects from start to finish
- Ability to understand department objectives and convey them into persuasive, compelling message/copy
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with individuals within and outside company
- Proficient in Microsoft Office ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Sterling Jewelers Inc. - 12 months ago