Senior MySQL Database Administrator is responsible for planning and managing Auction.com internal database activities, including validating structure and query requests, enforcement of database standards, and verifying proper operation of multiple data base servers. The right candidate is comfortable in a wide range of technologies, primarily MySQL and Percona enhancements, providing technical guidance in architecting scalable infrastructures.
- Daily operational validations of data and servers.
- Work closely with Business Analysts, Product Managers and developers to design and define structures and queries used in Production environments.
- Developing, Improving and Enforcing SQL standards.
- Implement product features and refine specifications.
- Build consensus on design and implementation decisions.
- Work in an Agile environment and Test Driven Development.
- Define office culture, process, and best practices from the ground up.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid demonstrated SQL language skills for DDL and DML.
- Strong development experience working with teams of developers.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills, including the ability to influence others.
- Experience with Replication, partitioning, and other MySQL implementation strategies.
- Understanding of basic software development methodologies and coding standards.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Knowledge of LAMP application setup and administration, primarily with Linux OS (RHEL preferred) and MySQL installation / tuning in a high volume environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred.
- 5+ years relevant work experience preferred, with at least 2+ years directly supporting MySQL.
- Unrestricted legal authorization to work directly for any company in the U.S.
The Nation's Leading Online Real Estate Market:
-Residential, Commercial, Luxury homes
-Multi-family and Hospitality Properties