High School graduate or equivalent required
Using knowledge of applicable inpatient and outpatient coding guidelines, rules and regulations, accurately assigns ICD-9-CM and CPT codes. Performs quality improvement activities as assigned by Lead Coding Specialist. Assists in assuring "unbilled" maintained at a reasonable level.
1. Respecting all of CRMC customers, communicating professionally and positively, demonstrating professionalism, competency and integrity in all they do.
2. Accurately assigns codes to outpatient records, for a minimum of 50 records per hour.
3. Abstracts medical information from patient record, using regulations and coding guidelines to apply ICD-9-CM and CPT codes, and verifies accuracy of APG assignment.
4. Audits Emergency Room T sheets for quality, and re-routes as necessary.
5. Assists in other work routines as needed, and performs other duties as assigned applying statutes, regulations and policies and procedures relative to job.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Proficient with MS Office, Outlook and Internet Explorer
· Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
· Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and attention to detail
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Advanced knowledge of medical terminology, and anatomy and physiology.
· High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
· Coding certification within 60 days of hire
· Experience in coding
· Multi-Specialty coding experience
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center - 19 months ago