Under the supervision of the Camp Manager, the employee will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of Camp. Assist in performing general maintenance and repair work involving, carpentry, painting, and other duties as assigned.
DOYON LIMITED CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Performs complex maintenance duties such as carpentry, painting, plumbing and maintenance etc.
- Shoveling and sanding walkways.
- Understand and execute oral and written instructions
- Moving and lifting and be able to lift 50 pounds safely.
- Bend, stoop, reach, and work safely from ladders.
- Work independently or cooperatively as a member of a team to complete work on schedule and according to quality control standards.
- Ability to interact effectively with supervisor, co-workers, building occupants, and the public.
- Basic knowledge of small tools and building operational components or willingness to learn.
- Capable of handling multi tasks and deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
- Commitment to Excellence – Identifies what needs to be done and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations.
- Corporate Values- Understand, embraces, and integrates Doyon corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities.
- Customer Services – Identifies and responds to current and future client needs by providing excellent service to internal and external clients.
- Teamwork – Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside the organization.
- Safety and Security – Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers.
- Attention to Detail- Ensures one's own and other's work and information are complete and accurate.
- Communication Skills- Listens, writes, and speaks effectively, and positively relates and interacts with co-workers and others.
- Dependability- Consistently adheres to operational standards, ensures smooth operations and positive customer experiences, builds a productive workplace, is reliable, and improves team morale.
- Independence- Works with minimal supervision.
- Problem Solving- Anticipates and identifies problems, distinguishes between symptoms and causes, and determines alternative solutions involving varied levels of complexity, ambiguity and risk.
- Reporting- Generates reports that are accurate, objective and complete in a timely manner.
- Willingness to Learn-Willing to learn new skills or techniques to meet the demanding changes of job duties and responsibilities.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid drivers’ license
- Ability to obtain an NSTC/ BP badge
WORKING CONDITIONS: Constantly moving around the camp to different projects and issues.
- Experience working with remote North Slope operations/NSTC
- Three years of demonstrated knowledge of ANCSA, Doyon, and related issues
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work requires routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing less than forty pounds. [Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Preference will be given to Doyon shareholders and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003-2(i).
Doyon Government Group - 20 months ago