The software license and contract compliance manager (“License Manager”) is responsible for ensuring that IT’s use of 3rd party software is within its licensed software entitlements. If a situation is found where software is not fully licensed, the License Manager works with the internal team to bring the company back into compliance through the purchase of additional licenses and/or the reconfiguring of the product to correct the non-compliance and to resolve all aspects of the non-compliance. The license manager participates and leads audits called by outside third parties, in conjunction with the IT Contract and Risk Managers, legal, and subject matter experts. The license manager tracks and reports on all licenses and conducts internal compliance audits.
The role requires insight into specific job responsibilities across typical internal cross-functional teams including legal, contract management, operations support, risk management and purchasing.
The License Manager engages in internal software compliance and audit activities. Specific objectives include protecting from damages resulting from non-compliance, improving internal compliance with the terms of software contracts, and serving as resident expert for License management. Specific job responsibilities: The License Manager serves as the primary contact representing in audits conducted by 3rd parties. Responsibilities include:
• Develop, maintain, and execute a product specific compliance engagement strategy and process that ensures local compliance and avoids losses resulting from non-compliance.
• Develop and maintain product use questionnaires to be used during compliance assessments.
• Develop and maintain a repository for software license terms, and deployment information and SME’s.
• Identify subject matter experts (and maintain these relationships) who will contribute specific technical expertise (db queries, custom reports, product understanding, etc.) for customer compliance assessments.
• Conduct onsite audits and maintain effective relationships with SME resources.
Support 3rd party audits as the primary point of contact.
• Support customer and internal requests for information related to licensing of software products.
• Maintain an appropriate communication plan to ensure that key stakeholders are provided with regular status reports concerning software compliance.
Position Requirements: Education, Experience and Skills:
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree, with an MBA preferred, only candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree or above will be considered.
• 6 Years experience, with both technical and contractual exposure as a key function at a prior employer.
• Bachelor's degree in Technical field.
• Previous license management experience in an IT environment required
• IT Audit experience desired
• Technical professional services, contract negotiation, and/or other direct customer facing experience a plus.
• Extremely strong organization and productivity skills.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills required.
• Strong understanding of software technology, licensing, and controls.
• Good understanding of business processes in large companies.
• Strong understanding of software compliance issues in large companies.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills required; attentiveness to detail.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment.
• Ability to lead, influence, and work within a team-driven environment
• Professional, persistent, patient, respectful, honest, and strong under pressure, especially during occasional adversarial conversations.
TTi - 16 months ago