Directs the activities of, and has responsibility for, subordinates in direct Machine Shop production and indirect support functions in a manufacturing environment.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining departmental and individual goals & performance measures.
- Aligns individual and team/departmental goals to support overall organizational goals.
- Coordinates work load requirements and work scheduling with teams.
- Develops, reviews and maintains staffing requirements.
- Responsible for annual performance evaluations, discipline and terminations.
- Collaborates with process engineer to evaluate current work tools, processes, tooling/equipment and operational concepts.
- Identify and provide resources for member development and training.
- Identifies training needs related to safety, quality, new technologies and application tools.
- Collaborates with process engineer and manufacturing manager on continuous process improvement and cost reduction plans.
Basic negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Project Management skills.
- Solid knowledge of business computer systems and PC tools(WISE, Excel, Access, Word).
- Solid understanding of current processes, equipment and tools used in specific areas of responsibility.
- Ability to analyze and present information using word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal.
Education or Formal Training
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize day-to-day activities and issues within functional area.
- Ability to delegate as necessary to meet objectives. Basic problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage projects with scope and impact at the department level.
- Ability to assess situations and solve complex issues on a department level.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations in a comprehensive and professional manner to department and peers.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Applicable two year associates degree and/or appropriate training and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in supervision and solid understanding of manufacturing processes
- Must have experience Supervising a Machine Shop environment.
Woodward MPC, Human Resources
7320 N Linder
Skokie, IL 60192
Apply Online: https://www5.recruitingcenter.net/Clients/MPCProducts/PublicJobs/Canviewjobs.cfm
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer