Job Code: 3444967
The New York League for Early Learning, a member of the YAI Network, provides early intervention and special education for children birth to 5 with developmental disabilities and learning delays, including children on the autism spectrum. NYL has been recognized by the NYS Department of Education for its excellence in providing comprehensive services in preschools, home-based and community-based programs.
Be rewarded with a friendly working environment that facilitates open communication and participatory management, where you are truly valued as a professional and where your opinion really matters. Receive on-going state-of-the-art training, supportive supervision and a commitment to developing your education and career to help you reach your greatest potential as a professional!
Proud recipients of the following awards:
• APA National Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award by the American Psychological Association
• #1 Best Company to Work For in New York Award by the New York State Society for Human Resource Management (NYS SHRM)
• #1 Not-for Profit “Crain’s Best Places to Work in New York City” by Crain’s New York Business
New York League for Early Learning, a member of the YAI Network, is looking for Certified Early Childhood Special Education Teachers for our Preschool located at the Clearview School in College, Point Queens. This is a maternity leave coverage from May - August.
- Oversee classroom of preschool aged children
- Prepare Individual Education Plans (IEP’s) and progress reports
- Meet with parents as necessary and involve them in their child's activities and progress
- Provide direction to teacher assistants, 1:1's or substitute's in your classroom
- NYS Early Childhood Education Birth to 2 AND Students with Disabilities Birth to 2 OR- NYS Special Education Certification required
- Masters degree strongly preferred
- Experience with preschool aged children with special needs mandatory
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills
Please apply online below. For additional information please visit www.yai.org . EOE
YAI/National Institute for People with Disabilities - 20 months ago
The YAI National Institute for Disabilities Network (YAI/NIPD) serves developmentally and learning-disabled people and their families...