Alcoa is in search of an engineer with expertise in the area of hot rolling and experience in equipment design and operations related to sheet and plate processing. The position reports to the Center of Excellence (CoE) OpEx group which is responsible for process, equipment, and project support globally. The position requires extensive travel, at least 50%, both domestic and international. The home location of the group and ideal location for the incumbent is in Knoxville, TN, but the incumbent may also choose to be based in Davenport , IA, Lancaster, PA, or Evansville, IN.
This is a key leadership role in the global engineering and technology organization within the Global Rolled Products (GRP) business group within Alcoa. This business group has several domestic and international locations with various manufacturing facilities. The CoE group consists of several directors that each have a staff of engineers and specialists who support various operating practices, technologies, and engineering services related to manufacturing of aluminum sheet and plate products. Processes range from molten metal through finishing.
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
• Optimization of process and equipment for improving quality and capacity
• Solve difficult equipment and process problems for all of Alcoa’s flat rolling plants
• Advise/counsel on problems; Participate in problem solving teams; Organize support from other resources
• Develop and deploy Standard Practices for the different hot rolling processes and assist in identifying improvement opportunities and facilitating technology transfer
• Maintain a working relationship with vendors of hot rolling equipment and be knowledgeable of the most recent developments in all aspects of the hot rolling process
• Provide engineering and operational support for large capital improvement projects
• Sponsor, participate, and occasionally lead hot rolling development projects
• Relied upon by plant resources for advice and direction for capital and process solutions
• Conduct technical assessments of facilities or individual pieces of equipment
• Provide equipment, control, and process training to the technical base.
ALCOA - 18 months ago
While many of its aluminum products may be lightweight, Alcoa is anything but. The company is among the world's top producers of...