The Food Bank of Delaware is currently accepting resumes for the position of Fund Development Specialist at its Newark location. This is a Full-Time position with benefits. The Fund Development Specialist is responsible for the coordination and facilitation of the Food Bank of Delaware’s Annual Giving program which includes major gifts, planned giving, donor stewardship and direct mail campaigns. The Fund Development Specialist is responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of the Food Bank’s donor database and assists the Development Department with special projects and events including the organization’s current Capital Campaign and annual Blue Jean Ball fundraising event.
The ideal candidate for this position is outgoing and comfortable communicating with large, diverse groups of people. They have very strong written and verbal communication skills. They are highly organized and able to direct activities to ensure maximum efficiency and accuracy. They have the flexibility to adjust activities and goals when the needs of the organization dictate. They have the ability to work independently, problem solve, and think and act strategically while working towards the Food Bank’s vision of a community free from hunger.
- Supervise the processing and preparation of financial contributions for Finance Department
- Supervises appropriate staff and volunteers on all aspects of the donor management system including:
- Enter all financial contribution information into Raiser’s Edge database.
- Prepare acknowledgements and receipts for all contributions.
- Responsible for maintenance of the Raiser’s Edge system and works in conjunction with all relevant staff to collect, input, and produce valuable donor related reports (donor giving circle reports, appeal/fund reports, financial).
- Informs relevant staff of the capabilities of Raiser’s Edge and organizes system according to needs of the Food Bank.
- Enter all in kind donations and process appropriate acknowledgements
- Maintains and updates valuable donor information in conjunction with relevant staff.
- Responsible for matching gift processing through updated contact information, verifying contributions eligible for matching financial grants and working with volunteer department to confirm volunteer hours for matching financial grants.
- Works directly with mailing house regarding results reporting, importing/exporting data, required donor files, and bar-coding system.
- Works with the Development Office and management team to execute projects related to the Capital Campaign.
- Works with the Development Office to successfully execute special projects and friend and fundraising events.
- Work with the Development Director to establish a Planned Giving program as part of the department’s goal creating a defined stewardship plan.
- Responsible for trouble shooting donors issues regarding donation process, acknowledgement, etc. via phone, email or in person.
- Experience with researching, writing, and reporting as related to all types of grants.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree and /or 5 years experience in development/fundraising field.
Database management experience specifically, 2-3 years of Raisers Edge donor management system experience is required as well as auction/event software. Strong computer skills. Experience working with Direct Mail campaigns and special events. Familiarity with MS Word and Excel is required. Data entry experience.
- 2 years ago - save job
A. Founded in 1981, the Food Bank of Delaware provides food for the hungry in the entire state of Delaware. We solicit, collect, purchase...