Build Your Future in the Shooting Sports
The power of passion
ATK Sporting Group is a company that proudly serves the law enforcement, military/government, international and sport shooting markets. As a manufacturer of ammunition, optics, reloading equipment and shooting accessories—as well as a leading producer of tactical gear—ATK Sporting Group meets the needs of its customers by offering technologically advanced products proven in the field. We match the passion and intensity of our customers with our unwavering dedication to products that will perform under the toughest conditions.
Located on the banks of the famous Snake River, and situated on the border of Washington state, Lewiston, Idaho is home to ATK Sporting Group’s brands CCI®, Speer® and Speer Bullets®. Since 1941, our manufacturing facility has been part of the local community; providing shooters worldwide with quality ammunition and components.
Our Lewiston, ID location is seeking a Sr. Manager, Factory Operations to add to our team. This location has a rich history in the community and has been operating for over 50 years. The Sr. Manager, Factory Operations is responsible for all manufacturing departments located at the Southport location and PMP at the CCI main plant have the required supervision, manpower, support, materials and ancillary items needed to operate safely, effectively and productively. To maintain the facilities and grounds to ensure that this can be accomplished within the framework of production demands, safety requirements, profitability parameter and governmental regulations
Education and Experience
- Provide guidance and leadership to the manufacturing departments located at the Southport facilities.
- Maintain the Southport facility to D.O.D. requirements in the contractor’s safety manual for ammunition and explosives.
- Ensure a high level of productivity and quality through appropriate use of capital spending, tool and equipment improvements.
- Constantly look for ways to reduce risk to personnel and facilities in explosive manufacturing, handling and storage processes through process improvement, equipment and tooling improvement and periodic maintenance.
- Drive the use of Continuous Improvement at all levels of the organization.
- Utilize S&OP planning and staffing system in order to schedule on-time delivery of primers and spun cases.
- Work closely with Environmental and Safety Departments to monitor and control activities to ensure a safe working environment at the Southport facilities.
- Prepare the Southport facilities budget and assist in writing budgets for the other departments. Manage spending to stay within budget.
- Write and monitor spending on Appropriations Requests for maintenance of Southport facilities, grounds, etc. Monitor maintenance of grounds, services, security, outside maintenance, laundry and vendors to ensure a smooth and efficient operation.
- BS or related field. Related experience will be considered in lieu of degree. Chemical Engineer preferred
- 5+ years manufacturing management experience including business and budget planning, and execution of productivity and quality improvement methods.
- 5+ years experience working in an energetics environment.
- A proven track record of sound leadership and development of human capital.
- Cross-functional experience or education in business and technical areas.
- Servant Leadership approach to managing personnel. Good team building and communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions and empower change in a results-oriented environment
Start building your future today! Please go to www.atk.com/careers and search requisition ID LT20131906-27557. Please build a profile and apply online to the position.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical and dental, 401k, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer
less than 25%
Years of Experience:
Nearest Major Market:
Operations Manager, Operations, Manager, Facilities, Chemical Engineer, Management, Engineering
Orbital ATK - 20 months ago
Space is not the final frontier for Alliant Techsystems (ATK), as long as its aerospace/defense offerings are paving new paths. Through four...