Clinical Support staff work collaboratively with all members of the care team providing world class service to both the patients and staff of Martin’s Point. This is accomplished by:
- Working to actively enhance patient relationships and loyalty
- Pre-planning for patient visits
- Managing visit cycle time, office workflows, and patient access (phone, scheduling)
- Assisting assigned provider and care team with rooming and patient care procedures, including electronic documentation
- Coordinating patient activities that support managing the targeted population’s health
- Facilitates patient-centered visit by ensuring proper screening, documentation, and/or testing has been completed.
- Ensures all consults and charts are scanned, downloaded and communicated in preparation for patient contact.
- With provider supervision, work in provider desktop, review and assist in Health Matrix and other population health management functions.
- Coordinates and manages provider’s desktop activity (i.e., lab result reporting, phone calls, order entry, RX processing, and outreach efforts) following standard processes and protocols in oversight of meeting provider and patient needs.
- Triages as directed by protocols.
- Performs direct patient care services in accordance with clinical protocols in a patient-centered manner.
- Ensure provider schedule meets the needs of patients (visit and non-visit).
- Participates in daily huddles and weekly team meetings to improve workflows and contribute to improving patient population outcomes.
- Performs and documents necessary ancillary tests such as EKGs, PFTs, Peak Flow Rates, Rapid Strep, HCG’s, Glucose Checks, INR’s, and H. Pylori Testing. May perform various waive lab tests as ordered by provider. Performs and documents lab specimen collection/processing, eye screening and audiology screening in accordance with current protocols and policies.
- Depending on level of licensure, may administer immunizations, allergy shots and medications in accordance with current protocols ensuring level and scope of practice standards.
- Ensure exam rooms are prepared for patient visits, including equipment operability, supply inventory, and cleanliness utilizing standard stocking procedures.
- Ensure patient care equipment operates in accordance with quality standards.
- Provides patient education in support of patient visit and ongoing care.
- Assist with orientation and training of new staff members.
- Maintain clinical/technical skills and knowledge through ongoing development and continuing education.
- See attached Scope of Practice Addendums related to certification and licensure.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- For Medical Assistants: Completion of a two year accredited Medical Assistant Program/Associate Degree is strongly preferred. For LPNs: Completion of Licensed Practical Nurse program and an active, unrestricted LPN license required. For RNs: Completion of Registered Nurse Program and an active, unrestricted RN license required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required
- Related experience in a physician's office, medical setting or outpatient clinic required.
Clinical Skills, Knowledge and Abilities - Demonstrated ability to:
- Identify necessary equipment and materials for patient visits
- Room patients in accordance with established protocol and visit purpose
- Obtain and record vital signs.
- Prepare and conduct EKGs, PFTs, eye and auditory screening, and ear lavage
- Assist patient with peak flow
- Prepare patient health information via electronic records
- Schedule patient appointments
- Proper preparation of lab specimens
- Perform and document immunizations and injections
- Administer allergy shots; assess patient response (with or without provider direction depending on license) and document.
- Perform prescription refill per protocols
- Report lab results per protocol
Martin's Point Health Care - 14 months ago