Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Position is located at the Tripler Army Medical Center, Department of Radiology, Tripler Army Medical Center, Hawaii.
Federal employees in Hawaii are currently entitled to receive a 12.25% Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) in addition to the base salary. This is subject to change.
Work Shift for this position is: Monday thru Friday, 3:30pm to 12:00am.
As a result of sequestration and budget shortfalls, Army is furloughing most of its employees for some amount of time during fiscal year 2013. An employee in this position MAY be subject to furlough. If applicable, specific information regarding the administrative furlough will be provided to the individual selected for this position.
Who May Apply:
- Moving expenses will not be paid.
- Will require shift work or rotating shifts (evenings, weekends, holidays).
As a Medical Instrument Technician (Ultrasound) you will:
- Receive and position patient for examination.
- Select, set up, adjust, and operate ultrasound equipment.
- Observe and report patients response to instructions, movement, touch, etc. if significant.
- Monitor patient condition during examination and, if necessary, render emergency aid and summon assistance.
- Perform operator level maintenance and care of equipment.
Specialized Experience: One year of experience in the same or similar work equivalent to at least the next lower level (GS-07) requiring application of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position being filled. Candidates for this position must clearly demonstrate in their resume that they possess specialized experience which includes performing a wide variety of complex ultrasound examinations on human patients and identifying nature, significance, and/or appearance of most disease and/or injuries.
Education Substitution for GS-08: Successful completion of at least a Master's or equivalent graduate degree, or two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, that is directly related to the work of the position.
Combination of Education and Experience for GS-08: If you have some, but not all, of the experience or education described above, you may still qualify by combining the amount of creditable experience and education that you possess. To compute the percentage, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of graduate education in excess of 18 hours (total semester hours minus 18) by 18. Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100% to qualify.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Skill in ultrasound examinations
- Skill in providing patient support services
- Ability to instruct medical staff
- Skill in performing medical invasive procedures
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html.
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please submit your foreign education evaluation with your application.
Click here for more information.
- If you are a male AND if you were born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- You may be required to serve one year in a trial/probationary status.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 (Condition of employment for certain Civilian positions identified as Critical under the Department of Army Drug-Free Workplace Program) requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
- Successful completion of a pre-placement physical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification Current Advanced Life Support of other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- This position requires a Childcare Backround Check (CNACI).
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) Certification preferred.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Your responses to the questionnaire will be used to evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences. Only the most recently submitted resume will be considered.
Basis for Rating : Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. Under competitive delegated examining, an ICTAP eligible will be considered well-qualified if they attain an eligibility rating of 90 or higher, not including points for veterans' preference. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/ .
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program. In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Pay_and_Benefits .
Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. The DoD policy is available at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf
In accordance with section 9902(h) of title 5, United States Code, annuitants reemployed in the Department of Defense shall receive full annuity and salary upon appointment. They shall not be eligible for retirement contributions, participation in the Thrift Savings Plan, or a supplemental or redetermined annuity for the reemployment period. Discontinued service retirement annuitants (i.e. retired under section 8336(d)(1) or 8416(b)(1)(A) of title 5, United States Code) appointed to the Department of Defense may elect to be subject to retirement provisions of the new appointment as appropriate. (See DoD instructions 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives
Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work experience.
usajobs.gov - 13 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...