ITO Svc Delivery Cons III - TX MEHIS Operations
Apply advanced technical knowledge to operate one or more technology areas (e.g. server administration, technical security management, performance management) or customer groups that are critical or high-risk. Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create superior solutions for HP and for customers.
· Incident Management: Resolve single- and cross technology incidents independently. Work with team members to resolve unusually complex or cross technology incidents.
· Escalation Management: identify, manage, and lead escalations through L3. Work with others to help manage escalations through L5.
· Problem Management: Proactively and reactively look for solutions to prevent problems from occurring in team/technology area.
· Change Management/Implementation: Independently review, implement, and verify changes/solutions of high complexity and risk to meet customer and/or trade/HP Information Technology (HPIT) infrastructure needs. May lead or participate in a Change Advisory Board.
· Patch and Security Management: Apply patch and security changes per policy. Proactively monitor the environment for patch compliance. Analyze patches for compatibility with each customer or internal infrastructure environment.
· Configuration Management: Ensure Configuration Management Database (CMDB) entries are complete and accurate.
· Solution Design: Apply HP solutions to meet highly complex customer and/or trade/HPIT infrastructure needs.
· Quality: May provide feedback/influence change in internal and/or vendor-provided products/service offerings.
· Project Management: Participate, propose, and/or lead customer and internal projects across technology customers and/or internal businesses/end users areas, including transformation.
· Customer Relationship Management: Influence with customers and/or internal businesses/end users regarding operational details, solutions, and proposals. Becoming a trusted advisor to the customer.
· Teamwork: Work as part of a team, which may be virtual, global, and/or multi-functional. Lead teams which address operational processes and policies in work area. Seen as a resource to the team in one or more technical or business areas. Becoming a trusted advisor inside and outside the team/technology area. Typically advises or sets direction for:
· Group(s) of customers with similar needs
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience. May have Master’s degree in related field. Often holds entry-level certification(s) in work field. May hold intermediate-level certification(s) in work field. Typically 5+ years of relevant experience
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Typical skills include:
· (strong) understanding of technology in direct responsibility
· (developing) understanding of other technology sub-areas
· General understanding of related technologies
· (strong) Customer Service
· General Project Management
· (developing) Influencing Others
· (developing) Customer/Vendor Management
· (developing) Business Analysis
· (developing) General Financial Management
1. 3 years or more experience supporting the following:
• Apache Tomcat – preferably version 6.0.32 or later
• Apache HTTP Webserver – preferably version 2.2.10 or later
Experience should include configuration and operation of the Apache Webserver and Tomcat servlet container in a multi-node environment as the platform for portal applications.
2. 3 years or more experience working on the following Operating Systems:
• SUSE Linux – preferably version sles11-x86_64 or later
• Windows - preferably Windows 7 or later
Experience should include familiarity with OS utilities, monitoring server activity, scripting (such as korn shell), and general server troubleshooting.
It should also include experience configuring and installing applications and utilities on these servers.
3. 3 years or more experience working with the following Database system:
• Oracle – preferably 10g or later.
Experience should include SQL scripting, such as PL-SQL,
stored procedures, and ad-hoc queries for data analysis.
4. 3 years or more experience in general application support of applications including the following types:
• Middleware applications with multiple batch interfaces – particularly java applications
• Portal applications – particularly
Experience should include an operational familiarity with Java from a troubleshooting perspective.
5. Solid analytical and problem solving abilities.
• Ability to understand tomcat log output and use the information to determine problem root cause.
• Ability to prioritize multiple operational issues.
• Ability to communicate problem descriptions, diagnosis, and resolution with Ops Support teammates and management.
1. Some experience or familiarity with the following tools and utilities:
• Liferay Portal Framework – Enterprise edition
• Java VM - SUN HotSpot Virtual Machine -1.6.0_25 or later
• LDAP - OpenLDAP version 2.4.23 or later
• jaSFtp – version 9 or later
• Mod_ssl – version 0.9.8h or later
• Mod_jk – version 1.2.26 or later
• OpenSSL – version 0.9.8h or later
• MS Access – any version OK
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like...