- Technically lead and/or execute engineering projects, including development of key suppliers.
- Manages manufacturing electrical engineering related projects as required. Develops, implements and maintains methods, architecture for product bills-of-materials (BOMs), operation sequence and processes in the fabrication of components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies.
- Interface with internal and external customers regarding electrical issues for specific projects/ programs.
- Specify, supervise the development of, design, or modify engineering assemblies, layouts/schematics, and/or detailed drawings/specifications of complex scope.
- Generate product specifications.
- Provide mentoring for less experienced engineers.
- Specify, supervise, or perform engineering analysis of complex scope
- Launches, releases and approves engineering change orders to support the manufacturing floor and design engineering on new and existing products.
- Directs managed/ validation builds of new and existing products with the goal of documenting a complete BOM as well as optimizing the assembly and test strategies while identifying tooling and test fixture requirements.
- Develops design methods and parameters, project methodology and/ or project proposals.
- Develops and uses test procedures, including defining test specifications with design and software engineering. Works with test engineering to design and develop test fixtures.
- Gathers operational and test data to manage corrective actions resulting from the data evaluation.
Determines root cause analysis for issues that arise and provides failure analysis reporting as required.
- Evaluates work methods, procedures and policies.
Develops and maintains new business processes supporting projects.
Edits processes as needed to ensure current processes are documented.
Mentors and trains lower level engineers; identifies training needs and develops training programs.
- Implement concepts for range of difficult product issues and solutions.
Participates in preparation of concept and feasibility studies.
Job Specific Knowledge
- Required previous work experience includes electrical/electronic engineering experience in a development and/ or manufacturing environment.
- Problem identification and troubleshooting a wide range of complex electrical problems.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong computer literacy skills.
- Exercises mature judgment.
- Ability to work in a team and to work independently.
- Ability to influence other people and to act as mentor.
- Lead and/or supervise projects.
- Ability to design for serviceability and manufacturability.
- BS and/ or MS in Electrical Engineering (or related technical discipline or equivalent knowledge) and 5-7 related years.
- 3+ years of manufacturing electrical engineering experience or equivalent