Position Title: ELA Reporting Specialist
Department: English Language Aquisition
Starting Salary Range: $44,289-53,147
Work Schedule: 235 Day
Application Due Date: Open Until Filled
Position Start Date: ASAP
Provide support through data compilation, retrieval, review, interpretation, and limited analysis. Fulfill data requests and data collection support for schools and ISA teams as needed. Support the district enrollment projection process, including principal communication, survey support, and analysis.
• Support ELA Department and District initiatives for various internal district clients (school principals, other central staff, district committees, instructional staff, etc.) on a varying and wide range of projects.
• Provide access, formatting, reporting, and reviewing educational progress and demographic data assistance.
• Maintain both the integrity and confidentiality of all data, research, and analysis (as directed).
• Support enrollment activity including Home Language Questionnaire, Parent Permission Form, etc.
• Maintain confidentiality related to all work responsibilities.
• Assist in data quality/verification as it relates to various department tasks and projects, including Attorney reports, Board of Education reports, and others.
• Develop and maintain effective and diplomatic oral and written communications with peers and staff in the receipt and delivery of information.
• Perform other related duties, including special projects, as required or requested
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or related field required.
• Demonstrated experience producing original documentation, analysis and recommendations.
• One (1) to (2) years of experience and knowledge of data entry, review, interpretation and analysis.
• Advanced knowledge of Access (forms, reports, Visual Basic for Access (VBA)) and Excel (graphing, formulas, and data connections) highly desired.
• Previous experience with compiling and interpreting demographic information preferred.
• Familiar with ANSI SQL or T-SQL required.
• Familiar with, or willingness to independently learn, more advanced Microsoft SQL Server functions such as: proper use of indices, stored procedures, functions, using linked data sources (both SQL Server and others), SQL Server Agent, etc.
• Some understanding of data warehousing concepts.
• Capable of working very independently of other technical staff.
• Capable of troubleshooting technical problems without internal support, using resources such as printed materials and the Internet.
• Skillful attention to detail and accuracy.
• Experience with troubleshooting, isolating and diagnosing data quality issues
• Able to discuss issues at a technical or non-technical level, depending on the audience.
Knowledge and Other Qualifications:
• Valid Colorado Driver’s License, appropriate insurance coverage and acceptable driving record for the past three years.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. ?
• Familiarity with public education administration and enrollment processes preferred.
• Ability to work well with various levels in an organization.
• Detail oriented, and strong mathematical aptitude.
• Ability to quickly learn new systems and applications.
Due to the volume of applications received, you will only be contacted if an interview is requested
Denver Public Schools - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is...