The role of the Patient Account Representative (PAR) is to provide "Extraordinary Care" to patients and customers through friendly, caring, courteous, and professional services as they maintain patient accounts from billing through the collections process. The clinic environment is a fast paced smaller environment that allows the development of close working relationships with physicians and clinical staff as well as returning patients. Every team member is vital to the clinic’s success in providing exceptional patient care.
A successful PAR becomes the patient’s advocate and works to facilitate resolution of patient accounts by working with insurance companies, government agencies and patients in the payment for services that have been provided. The PAR has the opportunity to use their valuable skills and resources by responding to questions, researching discrepancies and insurance denials and following Intermountain’s policies and procedures for billing and account management. Completing these duties provides the PAR the opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of many on a daily basis.
Entry Rate: $11.54
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Shift Details: This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position. Must be available to work 40 hours per week. Shifts will be Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Department: Cardiology Clinic
Additional Details: After applying, please check your email often. This position requires assessment testing and notification will be sent to you through email.
- The Patient Account Representative must enhance the reputation of the providers and staff of the Intermountain Medical Group by creating a positive patient experience
- The success of the incumbent in this role is highly dependent on the Patient Account Representative having excellent customer service with both internal and external customers
- The incumbent must demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal relation skills
- One or more years of work experience in a medical setting
- One or more years of insurance billing or accounting work experience
- One or more years of collections work experience in a medical setting
- One or more years of hospital/physician office work experience
- Intermediate Spanish speaking skills
- Intermediate proficiency with Medical Terminology
After applying, please check your email often. Some positions require assessment testing and notification will be sent to you through email. Once the email notification is sent, you will have 24 hours to complete the assessment. If the assessment is not completed within the allotted time frame, your application may not be considered further.
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...