Position Title: Product Specialist
Department: Field Sales
Reports To: District Director
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Build relationships between dealers, end-users, and the company. The Product Specialist will be the product point person for AGCO’s dealers providing training, support, and guidance in the product sales process.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Set-up and conduct proper demonstrations of equipment optimizing the performance of the equipment
• Manage individual personalized customer demonstrations with key producers, including feature, advantage, and benefit discussions customized to localized end-user applications
• Support dealers in planning, coordinating, and managing multiple customer demonstrations
• Conduct dealer and district sales-related product training
• Develop and maintain a relationship between key end-user customers, dealer, and company
• Support dealers on customer field visit calls individually or with Account Manager
• Highlight special features, benefits, and advantages over competitive products
• Identify features with focus on benefits to end-user prospects, customers, and dealers
• Act as the “point person” for district sales-related product questions for the products assigned
• Provide retailing support as required
• Assist Account Manager and/or field service with special needs and critical machine operation issues
• Conduct components and equipment discussions with sales and service staff
• Assist hosting and conducting open houses with focus on interactions with end-users, directly help retail equipment with dealer personnel, and build dealer-manufacturer credibility
• Provide AGCO Marketing with information pertaining to new products, product improvements, product enhancements, and future end-user requirements
• Support AGCO participation in assigned trade shows
• Computers, printers, and other office machines • Possess a valid driver’s license
• Ability to drive a vehicle
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Must be able to visually utilize computers and other office equipment, to properly enter information, as well as read required documentation.
• Must be able to prepare concise and accurate demonstrations of AGCO equipment.
• Must be able to prepare and deliver oral and written presentations.
• Represent the entire company in a positive manner
• Be positive about AGCO products and respectful of our competitors
• Be a consummate promoter of the features, advantages, and benefits of AGCO products
• Leave dealer personnel and customers more knowledgeable about the features, advantages, and benefits of AGCO products
• Leave no questions unanswered, or have the commitment and plan to get questions answered
• Build confidence in dealer personnel in AGCO, AGCO products, and AGCO people
• Leave dealer personnel wanting to sell and support AGCO products
• Leave the prospect wanting to buy AGCO products
• Leave the customer glad they bought AGCO products
Key Performance Metrics
• Customer / dealer satisfaction index
• Sales of assigned products
• Dealer demos, open houses, training events completed versus targets
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee will conduct demonstrations of equipment, participate in meetings, and spend the majority of time in the field. The employee is exposed to the outdoor environment while traveling to field locations, dealership environments including the sales floor, and office environments.
• Knowledge and skills as would normally be obtained by a bachelors degree in Engineering, Agricultural Mechanization, or related field
• Prior experience selling capital equipment
• Excellent verbal presentation skills, both on a group and individual basis
• Must be able to communicate clearly with all levels of management, dealers, and end-user customers.
• Professional bearing, demeanor, and appearance with the ability to project a high degree of confidence and credibility to dealers and ultimate customers
• Ability to write clearly, concisely, and professionally
• Self-starter with minimal need for intensive supervision
• The ability to understand the technical and practical aspects of the product and to explain them in a clear, understandable manner to a variety of recipients
• Significant exposure to farm equipment, such as might be acquired through living on a farm or working with various types of farm equipment
• Mechanical aptitude and knowledge, such as might be acquired through engineering related studies or experience in maintaining farm or industrial equipment
• A grasp of accounting principles
This job description reflects the current assignment of essential functions, and is not intended to be all-inclusive. Duties and responsibilities may be assigned or reassigned to the job at any time or for any reason.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
AGCO - 13 months ago
AGCO's annual harvests may be smaller than those of major rivals John Deere and CNH Global, but it reaps some healthy profits...