The Director of Nursing is responsible for the day to
day coordination and oversight of all aspects of the
Nursing Department in accordance with current Federal,
State and local regulations.
Administrator of the facility, providing Nursing
- The Director of Nursing directly reports to the
Services to coordinate nursing specific and clinical
programs. The Director of Nurses has a dotted line
reporting responsibility to the Clinical Services
Coordinator assigned to the facility.
staff, C.N.A.’s, staffing coordinator, and all staff
- Supervising administratively all licensed nursing
of his/her respective discipline. The DNS assumes
the role of the Administrator in their absence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
implement, evaluate and direct the nursing service
- The DNS is responsible to coordinate, organize,
department as well as its programs and activities in
accordance with current rules and regulations and
guidelines that govern the nursing care facilities.
to assist the nursing service department in meeting
- Maintain a reference library and periodically update
the day to day needs of the residents.'
nursing services with other resident services to
- Develop and maintain methods for coordinating
ensure the continuity of the resident’s total
regimen of care.
government agencies as necessary or as directed.
- Participate in facility surveys made by authorized
with the assigned Clinical Services Coordinator
- Maintain a cooperative and productive relationship
follow-up and ensure resolution to all identified
indicators over threshold and submit to CSC for
- Develop action plan for systems issues and quality
and determine trends.
- Collect, review and analyze clinical outcome data
the QA and A committee meeting monthly.
- Attend and provide clinical outcome data trends at
and implementing appropriate plans of action to
- Participate in the QA and A Committee in developing
correct identified deficiencies.
- Assist in planning for resident admissions and
committees of the facility as appointed by the
- Serve on, participate in and attend various
nursing department and ensure the assignment of
- Determine and monitor the staffing needs of the
appropriate and adequate numbers of nursing staff
daily for each shift to ensure that the needs of the
residents are met.
policies and procedures.
- Review annually at a minimum, all nursing services
with the Administrator’s approval, all Nurses and
- Participate in the interviewing process and select,
Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Ensure yearly written performance evaluation of all
and conducting in service training programs that
- Assist support services in developing, implementing,
relate to the nursing department.
- Ensure that there are adequate supplies for resident
in accordance with the resident’s wishes and per the
- Ensure that medical and nursing care is administered
individualized care plan.
plan and adhere to the nursing services budget.
- In coordination with the Administrator, prepare,
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident care
respect and resident rights are maintained.
- Ensure residents are treated with dignity and
families and support departments to adequately plan
- Maintain a liaison with the residents, their
for the resident’s needs.
according to education schedule and/or regulatory
- Provide education and in-servicing to facility staff
with a minimum of a Diploma from an accredited
- The Director of Nursing must be a Registered Nurse
rehabilitative or geriatric nursing.
- Must have two years of additional education in
in long term care nursing management or per state
- Must possess a minimum of three years of experience
- Actively licensed registered nurse in the State of
HealthBridge Management - 15 months ago