The Trade Marketing - Away From Home (AFH) Analyst is a key collaborator with the Marketing, Trade Marketing, Consumer Insights, Customer Marketing and Sales departments in the development of business building programs. He/She will provide analytical expertise and support to field sales with ongoing sales reporting, analysis and recommendations on data from a variety of sources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Track, analyze and evaluate channel/segment/consumer trends and make business building recommendations based on analysis.
- Develops metrics with Customer Marketing for conducting volume and profit analysis.
- Provide support to Sales Strategy in identifying growth opportunities.
- Expert in Channel and 3 rd party data to provide timely, accurate and consistency throughout the organization.
- Assist Sales in developing persuasive selling presentations aimed at protecting GMCR space, assortment and distribution.
- Collaborate with other departments across the business unit and enterprise to develop and leverage insights across the organization.
- Support all special projects as assigned to deliver Sales Priorities.
- Conduct ad hoc data analysis as needed.
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
· Willing to travel up to 10%
· Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by GMCR and the department.
· Performs other duties as requested by management.
· Bachelors’ degree in business, economics, marketing, statistics or mathematics with strong emphasis on quantitative methodology.
· Minimum of three years in a business environment performing detailed, accurate and insightful analyses.
· Excellent project management and organization skills required, including the ability to manage multiple competing priorities is essential
· One to 5 years of progressively responsible experience in Sales, Marketing and/or Market Research and familiarity with IRI, Nielson or Scan data.
· 2 years of experience working with syndicated/POS data
· Ability to manipulate and manage large amounts of data using Business Intelligence tools.
· Excellent Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Query and/or SQLskills required
· Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
Required competencies and aptitudes:
· Advanced analytical skills (both qualitative and quantitative) and the ability to analyze multiple sources of data and recommend actions based on the analysis.
· Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, quality and timeliness of work.
· Requires a high degree of professionalism, ethics, motivation, planning, and organizational skills.
· Ability to positively and comfortably work in a fast-paced environment with focused attention to detail.
· Ability to develop, present and discuss information to all levels of understanding.
· Must be able to travel occasionally (up to 25% of time), work well in a team environment, and occasionally work a flexible schedule.
· Ability to uphold Safety standards, participate in Continuous Process Improvement on the job, and follow our Manufacturing best practices.
· Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instructions.
· Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures as well as our Operating principles.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters - 19 months ago
We believe in using the power of business to make the world a better place. Each step on the long road from tree to cup gives us an...