The Postdoctoral Research Scientist assists in the translational research at the Translational Research Institute and participates in Industry/NIH/Pharmaceutical and government sponsored and investigator initiated research that supports the TRI scientific research plan. Responsible for helping to develop a research program in their field area, and provides guidance to other support staff in the performance of protocol specific tasks. Helps to ensure that all research performed under their direction is in compliance with all Florida Hospital, TRI, local, state, and federal laws, policies and procedures. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS PREFERRED :
- Knowledge of the development and operation of clinical and basic science research protocols
o Knowledge or experience in investigator initiated research in a clinical - translational research setting
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
- MD and /or PhD in a scientific field such as chemistry, biology, or exercise science
- Established competency in research as evidenced by published (peer reviewed) research and/or prior work experience.
o Proven history of NIH, Pharmaceutical and/or equivelent research
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
Demonstrates, through behavior, Florida Hospital’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.
- Design, construction and implementation of translational research proposals, protocols, and procedures.
- Assist with the analysis of research data in collaboration with Biostatisticians and TRI faculty.
- Preparation of scholarly manuscripts and final study reports (where applicable) to communicate results of the research to the broader scientific community
- Supervision of data collection by TRI research core staff including but not limited Clinical Operations, Energy Metabolism, BioRepository, and Clinical Research Unit.
- Attend and give seminars under the direction of the Senior Scientist/Scientific Director
- Participation in scientific presentations and publication of research data
- Research grant application preparation
- Fostering and supporting external academic and research collaborations
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by the scientific director
Florida Hospital - 2 years ago
Florida Hospital is an acute-care, not-for-profit health care organization, with eight distinct campus locations in a fast-growing,...