Finger Lakes Health located in Geneva, New York has launched a search to select its new Vice President of Finance. The successful candidate will be a service oriented finance professional who has the ability to lead financial operations and assist with the development of financial strategy.
The successful candidate will oversee the operation of the Fiscal Services, Budget & Reimbursement and Patient Financial Services departments. The candidate must have a proven track record of success in leading healthcare financial operations and have a strong appreciation and understanding of overall hospital and health system operations. He/she must have excellent technical skills and experience in developing financial projections and analysis to support decision making. This individual will participate and assist in the development of financial policies and procedures and must serve as a major resource to operating units across the health system. Responsibilities include direction and guidance of the Directors and Managers of the assigned departments, and planning and evaluating department operations.
The Vice President will report to the Chief Financial Officer and have regular interaction with other members of the Finance Team, Department Directors and Managers and members of the Administrative Team.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is required.
- Master’s degree in business, health care administration, finance or accounting is preferred.
- CPA certification is preferred.
1. New York State health care environment
- Candidate must have at least ten (10) years of progressive experience and responsibility in healthcare finance including at least five (5) years of financial management/director level experience for a hospital or healthcare system.
- Candidate must have a deep understanding and strong technical skills in accounting and finance including: general ledger; patient accounting; cash flow; cost/benefit analysis; revenue management; operating budget development; and reporting and forecasting.
- Experience in the following areas is strongly preferred:
2. Acute care and critical access hospitals
3. Freestanding and hospital based nursing homes
Compensation & Benefits
- Candidate must have ability to adapt to change and create an environment that supports change.
- Candidate must be able to mentor and develop others.
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate with all levels and operating areas and present to committees, administrators and others.
- Candidate must have excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Candidate must have advanced computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office and financial information systems and databases.
Finger Lakes Health offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Relocation assistance will be offered as appropriate.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply online at www.flhealth.org . Questions can be directed to Patrick Boyle, Vice President, Human Resources at email@example.com .
Recruiters should only inquire if they have already identified interested, top performing candidates who meet the qualifications listed above.
For more information about Finger Lakes Health and our Journey to the Best, please log on to www.flhealth.org.
Finger Lakes Health - 11 months ago
Finger Lakes Health is a community owned, not-for-profit organization dedicated to maintaining and improving the health of all people in the...