The Database Administrator is primarily responsible for database design, performance monitoring and optimization, administration, and support of MySQL, DB2, and Microsoft SQL Server databases. Specific responsibilities include working with software developers to assist in meeting their requirements for efficient database access methods and working with system administrators ensure proper server configuration.
· Monitor systems and platforms providing true 24/7 database availability and maximized efficiency.
· Design, document, implement and maintain database objects.
· Analyze performance requirements and predict future capacity needs based on historical growth patterns.
· Evaluate and recommend new database processes and procedures.
· Analyze and tune databases for optimal efficiency.
· Install and test upgrades and patches for existing database servers.
· Work with developers to ensure maximum efficiency and review SQL currently executing in the database environments.
· Oversee backup, clustering, replication, and failover processes insuring their operability.
· Guarantee data integrity and privacy, and certify that data access and storage meets PCI and SOX compliance.
· Support the data warehousing and business intelligence system administrators and developers.
· Support existing replication and ETL technologies as needed.
· Create shell scripts for task automation.
· Develop database utilities and automated reporting.
· Other duties as assigned,
Department heads, software developers, system administrators, system analysts, business analysts, vendors, and other outside agencies
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
· Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug screen
· Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
Eight (8) years experience in RDBMS database and software development in online transaction processing systems. MySQL and DB2 preferred.
· Database performance tuning at all levels (sub-system, Database, SQL)
· High availability configuration and management
· Database replication strategies
· Working knowledge of UNIX and experience with writing shell scripts
· Data Warehousing and ETL tools and methodologies
· Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, and planning skills
· Working knowledge of networking
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
WORK ENVIROMENT: Office environment
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION STATEMENT :
Allegiant Travel Company commits to making a reasonable accommodation to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified veterans, unless such accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the conduct of its business. In determining the extent of its obligation, Allegiant Travel Company will consider business necessity and financial costs and expenses, among other factors.
Allegiant Travel Company - 18 months ago